Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock Brushing

tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
So, I'm YouTube searching under the key term "dreadlocks" and I come across this lady, actually two ladies that recommend brushing their dreAds with a soft boar bristle brush with mature dreads. Some of the benefits- removing lint and debris, stimulating the scalp, and distribution of oils (jojoba, olive oil..ect) I have tried this a couple of times and... I like the results thus far. My brush is more "firm" then it is "soft" so I suppose I should "downgrade" because it does mAke my hair a bit frizzy. I've only seen this on African hair texture which is what I have so I'm not sure that you'd want to do this with "softer" hair textures..
updated by @tha-tron: 01/13/15 09:16:11PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

huh thats interesting. im sure its fine for mature dreads of all kinds. exactly what brush is this? im interested in the flake removal lol

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
13 years ago
90 posts
You could probably use any brush for infants. They are really soft. Actually I think the one I have might be boar bristle. But I know they come in synthetic. Oils would probably distribute better with a natural one. :)
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts

Change~ said:

huh thats interesting. im sure its fine for mature dreads of all kinds. exactly what brush is this? im interested in the flake removal lol

It's called a 100% boars hair brush. They have them at sallys. They have them in different hardness levels ranging from soft to hard.I like them for scalp stimulation I'd go for a more firm one for your scalp and a softer one for the rest of the dread.
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

alright thanks. ill look into it, not sure if ill get it though. probly will wait till they fully mature.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form