Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Neglect VS Twist and Rip + lots of questions

Lee Vaughan
@lee-vaughan
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey guys. I have shoulder legh hair and am thinking of dreading it. I am debating on whether to use te twist and rip method or neglect. What are the pros and cons of each?

Also, what are some good things/products to help with forming and keeping dreadlocks? Thanks.

updated by @lee-vaughan: 02/14/15 07:29:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

natural all the way

no products

dreadlocks affct you in profound ways especialy the natural journey so the biggest pro is on your entire being beyond just your hair

ok i shouldnt have said no profducts just no gunks like gels or waxes

just a dreadlock shampoo or baking soda

and sea salt (optionakl)

beads are nice too

tnr gives instant gratification but tends to lead to panick even disapointment wgen the instant gratification didnt lead to instant perfect dreads on the other hand naturals delayed gratifuication leads to immense pleasuedre at every tiny sign of progress

as far as differences in how they form

natural they form very organicly like roots

tnr can get more organic ofcourse but starts more straight and often braid like y]if you dont randomize enough

as far as damage

tnr is pretty gentle if u do do it gently

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lee Vaughan
@lee-vaughan
13 years ago
6 posts

soaring eagle said:

natural all the way

no products

dreadlocks affct you in profound ways especialy the natural journey so the biggest pro is on your entire being beyond just your hair

ok i shouldnt have said no profducts just no gunks like gels or waxes

just a dreadlock shampoo or baking soda

and sea salt (optionakl)

beads are nice too

tnr gives instant gratification but tends to lead to panick even disapointment wgen the instant gratification didnt lead to instant perfect dreads on the other hand naturals delayed gratifuication leads to immense pleasuedre at every tiny sign of progress

as far as differences in how they form

natural they form very organicly like roots

tnr can get more organic ofcourse but starts more straight and often braid like y]if you dont randomize enough

as far as damage

tnr is pretty gentle if u do do it gently

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u forgot to type didnt u?

--
Lee Vaughan
@lee-vaughan
13 years ago
6 posts

Goddamnit, haha. What i was ging to ask was. How do i make a solution from baking powder to clean my hair? How often should i shower/wash my hair? Is it easy to separate dreads and shape them to your preffered size? Thanks.
soaring eagle said:

u forgot to type didnt u?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda not powder 1 tablespoon per cup water add andy essential oils u need pour on soak 1o0 min or longer (no scrubbing) rinse

then do a weaker acv after and rinse right away

just rip em if u do it often its easy if u forgert to seperate for a long time it is harcer and can hurt

do it while wet and its easy

--
Lee Vaughan
@lee-vaughan
13 years ago
6 posts

What is the ifference between baking soda and baking powder? What is acv? Thanks man.
soaring eagle said:

baking soda not powder 1 tablespoon per cup water add andy essential oils u need pour on soak 1o0 min or longer (no scrubbing) rinse

then do a weaker acv after and rinse right away

just rip em if u do it often its easy if u forgert to seperate for a long time it is harcer and can hurt

do it while wet and its easy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

baking sioda is bicarbonate soda baking powder is baking soda with other stuff added u want just baking soda

and acv apple cider vinager

--
Lee Vaughan
@lee-vaughan
13 years ago
6 posts

So i should wash with baking soda mix, let sit and then rinse with aplle cider vineger? Does it have to be apple cider vineger? Thanks.

soaring eagle said:

baking sioda is bicarbonate soda baking powder is baking soda with other stuff added u want just baking soda

and acv apple cider vinager

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rin sse the bs out 1st then do the acv rinse you do not want the 2 to mix

be sure u rinse out the bs 1st

no white vinagers ok too

--
 / 2

Dislike 0