Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need Advice! Knotty Boy Vs. DreadHQ Removal Kit?

Leah Anderson
@leah-anderson
13 years ago
2 posts

After 14 years, I am starting to prepare myself to comb out my locks. I want to preserve as much hair as possible and it appears that there are a couple of products (Knotty Boy or Dread HQ) out there designed specifically for this purpose. I can't find many reviews on either product so I am hoping that someone out there can help me out! If you have experience with either or both of these dread removal systems, and if you have any additional tips, those would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks!

updated by @leah-anderson: 01/13/15 09:15:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont give those ppl your money they destroy dreads 1st off why are you combing them out?

now simple solution a bottle of cheap as hell conditioner or a bottle of olive oil well a few bottles of eirger soak them carefully slowly comb one dread at a time from tip up work gently on just the last 1/2 inch of dreaded hair if u hot a tough spot soalk it in more overnight while u work on another dread it will take a long time but this is just as goos]d as giving those scumbag companies your hard earned money

thats all a dread removcal kit is ..conditioner and a comb

but before u start wg=hy are u combing them out?

its only been 14 years they are just getting amazing and in another 14 will be legendary

keep them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Leah Anderson
@leah-anderson
13 years ago
2 posts

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely open to trying other methods. Most importantly, I am looking for something that is going to work quickly and save as much hair as possible.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no quick about removing long mature dreads

loads and loads of conditionjer and being careful and gentle as u can will save the most hairsince u never crochetted the hair should be in pretty good shape but just coming em out too agressivly can do damage

you might want to try a soft bristled brush it would be even slower but dpo the least harm

1 girl said she used a fork and just picked at em

--
Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

you can mix up some yourself. There are several options:

1 Dilute regular hair conditioner. Spritz a mixture of 2 tablespoons conditioner in 16 ounces of water onto damp hair.

2 Fill a spray bottle with the following herbal hair detangler mixture:

8 ounces distilled water
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
10-15 drops grapefruit seed extract
1-2 drops glycerin
1-2 drops essential oil (e.g., lavender, jojoba, chamomile)

3 Rinse hair with rainwater (usually acidic) or make your own acidifying rinse by adding 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar to an empty 20-ounce water bottle. Fill the remainder of the bottle with water and use the mixture to rinse clean hair.

4 Rub tangled dry hair with a dryer sheet prior to combing it out.

Just please i beg you dont give those people any more money. remember, if your not part of the solution you are part of the problem

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha it amazes me how they stay in business when most dreadheads say they advise boycotting them at all costs

they prey on the naive newbies who just dont know any better

--
Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

it amazes me how long they have been in business. It going to be hard to stop them when local stores and even amazon sells it. i would love to see their site shut down via a daily ddos attack.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother they are getting a very bad repoutation and thats all it takes yea theres alotta clueless newbies still recomending them but its getting less and less all the time

it used to be 2 years ago when we started this site that i had to tell every other person that joined how bad wax was now its 1 in 209 and youtubes flooded with vids that have no wax in the titles

the wordss getting out bout how bad wax is

but now thanks to skillteacher and others crochets the next big epidemic causing massive harm

--
Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

this is because people want perfect loc's with roots that start right at the scalp and no loose hair's and nice round nub ends. this just dosent exist and in my opinion looks boring! these people dont fit the dreadlock lifestyle anyway, there should be a special name for them. Like the ones that get dread extensions, they should just wear wigs

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form