Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

(updated 1-23-12) Aya's tnr, thin fine hair timeline

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Hey. I'm starting a timeline, YAY! I started my dreads 11-20(?)-11. They are knotting up ridiculously fast! I have 50 dreads but some are combining and some are splitting so who knows what I will end up with.

This is week 2? or 3? Sorry my bathroom mirror is really dirty XP

Taken 1-23-12, sorry about the bad angles, I never did perfect my myspace camera angles =/. I can't believe how different they are after only a month! I'm glad that I am doing a timeline otherwise I would forget.

My hair still looks really thin. I'm hoping that it poofs out a lot at some point. It is shrinking but I think that is just from loops, like in my front it has gotten a lot shorter but not much thicker, except where it is dreading at the root.

Kind of regretting doing tnr again today. My ones that fell out and are dreading naturally are a lot bigger than the ones that stayed knotted from day 1.

updated by @aya-heartright: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if bronners leaves u oily u got hard water dont use bronners

your washings fine 3 times a weeks great

having the same number on each sides silly and ocd why should there be the same number?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Because I'm silly and neurotic? I'm ok with it now. I'm sure as they get older it won't look so different on either side.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

someone with thin hair like me!!!

i would cut back on the washing. try every 3 or 4 days instead. that's helped me increase my knotting. also stop using dr. b's if your hair is left greasy feeling. dr. b's doesn't work for everyone because some of us have hard water and dr. b's and hard water don't mix. try doing the bs wash or maybe one of the new dreadlocks bars or liquid soaps.

i leave my beads in when i wash but my beads are tiny and only on some of the ends to help knotting. i recently took all of them out though just to see if it will start to knot on its own. you could always do a wrap with hemp or embroidery thread on some of the most stubborn sections.

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

I'll keep that in mind. I used ACV today with dr. B's today (no salt added) and YUCK! After it dried I could feel my knots falling out but you live and you learn. I don't think I will be using ACV until after my knots are formed a bit better. I used to do the "no poo" thing and had a bad experience where the baking soda burned my head and left we with a bunch of bald patches. Not sure if it was switching from organic to conventional or maybe there was a clump that I didn't notice or something. Either way I'm sworn off of BS as a way to clean my hair lol.

When I use sea salt with the Dr. B's it works amazing. I have a grinder one and I do two turns (maybe a teaspoon) with about the same of Dr. B, put it in a big water cup with a lid on it shake and I like how it foams up, feels like normal shampoo when I work it through my hair. Without the seasalt though Dr. B's makes my hair feel NAASSTTYY. I know sodium helps eliviate hard water because my parent's well is extremely hard and the softiener that they use is mostly salt. It's more complex then that but that's what I remember when I asked my dad what he was putting in the water tank when I was little, lol.

I'll leave then in when I wash then. I just put 4 more in on ones that were really loose =( I need to not get so attached to knots as they form. They come and go too much to get super excited I think.

I thought wraps hinder the fattening of dreads? Since my hair is so thin I am hoping that they get bigger. Otherwise I would love to wrap them. I think it looks really cute.

Denver Lee
@denver-lee
12 years ago
21 posts

My hair is very much like yous, thin and strait, so its good to see yours turning out so well. Thanks for sharing

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form