Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

palm rolling way too much

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
someone on youtube subscribed to me last night (naturelover i saw u commented her channel too)i watched her dread videoin it she said she palm rolls constantly anytime her hands arent busy shes palm rollingso she said she uses knoittyboy contditioner cause after palm rolling alot her hair smells burnt..and so she uses the conditioning spray oftenburnt from rubbing? thats alot of frictionto smell burnt its got to be generating heat..maybe even smouldering inside the dreadi cant imagine why anyone would palm roll till their dreads almost catch fire except that the wax pushing sites make u believe its nesacaryive never palm rolled in my life but has anyone else ever noticed heart or a burnt hair smell from palm rolling?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:13:28PM
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

I can't even figure out how to palm roll mine, so I just don't bother.. Although my "sister-in-law" palm rolled so much, one of her waxy dreads rolled right off.. My mouth was just hanging open when it happened.. I thought I was being punked..

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts
haha sorry, it just cracks me up the crap that some people buy into without thinking any of it though, then once youve been sold a problem, you run back so they can sell you a solution to the problem they previously sold you...lol
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

yup.. it is a never ending cycle that screws you over so they make money.. its easier to just buy a $2.00 box of Baking soda and just roll with it..

Change~ said:

haha sorry, it just cracks me up the crap that some people buy into without thinking any of it though, then once youve been sold a problem, you run back so they can sell you a solution to the problem they previously sold you...lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

or..not roll with it

yea i never figured out how to palm roll or figgurfed out why people do

but yea ive seen waxy dreads palm rolled right off befoire too

Karrington <3 said:

yup.. it is a never ending cycle that screws you over so they make money.. its easier to just buy a $2.00 box of Baking soda and just roll with it..

Change~ said:

--
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

It was one of the craziest things I had ever seen.. : /

soaring eagle said:

or..not roll with it

yea i never figured out how to palm roll or figgurfed out why people do

but yea ive seen waxy dreads palm rolled right off befoire too

Karrington <3 said:

Change~ said:

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

palm rolling is easy, the only reason i think why people actually think it to be a good method for dreading is because they have no idea what a real dread is..we must educate the masses.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy i think the only reason ppll ever palm rolled to begin with is cause if u use wax nothing at all will ever happen if u dont palm roll..its like molding clay on a spinning wheel thingy

if you dont mold the clay it stays a lump of clay

if u dont palm roll waxy dreads they dont change at all from the day u backcomb

palm rolling crams the hair into wax making them haeder abd harder (but not tighter)

Change~ said:

palm rolling is easy, the only reason i think why people actually think it to be a good method for dreading is because they have no idea what a real dread is..we must educate the masses.

--
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

That's gross.. Wax is gross.. my sister actually asked me about my dreads and I told her to never, ever, ever, EVER use wax.. She wants to dread my nieces hair and I just know she wanted to take her to a salon to mess her hair up and I volunteered to help her do them and I told her what wax actually does and she almost barfed..

soaring eagle said:

actualy i think the only reason ppll ever palm rolled to begin with is cause if u use wax nothing at all will ever happen if u dont palm roll..its like molding clay on a spinning wheel thingy

palm rolling crams the hair into wax making them haeder abd harder (but not tighter)

Change~ said:

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

well not only that but some people just think palm rolling would give them a good start, your just pulling on the roots possibly pulling tons of hair out and creating nice bald spots all over the place. it just seems common sense to me, but we have all been told the moral of that story.

Karrington <3 said:

That's gross.. Wax is gross.. my sister actually asked me about my dreads and I told her to never, ever, ever, EVER use wax.. She wants to dread my nieces hair and I just know she wanted to take her to a salon to mess her hair up and I volunteered to help her do them and I told her what wax actually does and she almost barfed..

soaring eagle said:

Change~ said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form