Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tips for Keeping Hands Out of My Hair?

Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

So I am starting on day three of neglect method and I need some help. I catch myself constantly trying to put my hands in my hair - mostly to rest my head in my hands (hands at the root) or to push hair out of my face. I have been using a scarf over the top of my head during the day to help, but I am concerned that the tightness of the scarf will prevent dreading. I have five kids and I write full time so I don't have a lot of time or money to invest in anything, but if anyone has some tips or can at least tell me if the scarf is going to cause an issue, I would so appreciate it! Thanks in advance. :)

updated by @cathy-givans: 01/13/15 09:12:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tams better option

and if your writting yoir hands are busy

everytime u find your hand in youer hair..sit on it till you lose circulation and it goes numb

after a few days with numb hands your brain will connect the dots and keep your hand out of your hair..i guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts
Lmao. Thanks SE! Have a tam pattern I want to try out and the yarn, so I guess it's time to get busy making it. Hopefully my hands won't be too numb lol.
Andre'
@andre
13 years ago
29 posts
Bless up SE! I'm growing my hair and I'm in the 2 1/2 month of growth. African American hair about 1/2- 3/4 inches of hair.. No real babies yet but I feel them bubbling up on the back an sides I'm sure another month or so some should bloom:) but I'm being patient. Of course natural dread path I'm on. Is it good to wear a wool hat to sleep? During the day? When my dreads grow of course I will get a Tam but for now will it slow th process or better it? I wear a hatchet all day at work and I wear my wool hat underneath. Also I heard wearing it to sleep it wrapping my pillow with a wool sweater is beneficial!? Please advise! RASPEKT!

soaring eagle said:

tams better option

and if your writting yoir hands are busy

everytime u find your hand in youer hair..sit on it till you lose circulation and it goes numb

after a few days with numb hands your brain will connect the dots and keep your hand out of your hair..i guess

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form