THINKING ABOUT BUYING BODYSPLASH..

NEONE HAVE NE OPINIONS ON IT..OR WHAT TO DO EXACTLY WITH IT

I WANT THE WAX OUT

updated by @nicole-hernandez: 02/14/15 10:03:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it works good u do have to do repeat applications though id start off with the vinager soaks then the dawn dish soap and very hot water then do the bodsysplsh after u think u got the most of it out

spray it on 1 dread at a time massaging it in trying to work it into the core let it stay in awhile then do the very hot water and dawn dish soap to get it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

OK SO I GET THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PUT IT IN MY HAIR THEN SCRUB W DAWN AND RINSE???

PLZ EXPLAIN EXACLY I WNA DO THIS RIGHT!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oak your heac in the vinager then squeeze each dread root to tip like your squeezing toothpaste out of a tube to pull the wax oit the ends

then

use the hottest water u can stand and a whole lot of dawn dish ssoap and scrub like crazy

repeat this a coupe times a week

--
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

ok so did my first wash w the vinegar...wow smelled so bad.

neways i cant really tell if it feels ne softer til it drys

an the water didnt really change colors... i kno it doesnt wrk the firs time but i wna make sure im doin it right, and could it b bc the wax i used was like a clear color??

sooo i poured it all on my head let it soak for bout 5 min then rinsed thn scrubbed w dawn

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did u use very hot water?

--
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

ummm not really it was like the normal hot wen u take a shower

is it bad i used vinegar and didnt delute it?my mom keeps telln me my hairs gna fall out

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nope its actualy pretty healthy for your hair

and when u do wax removal u need the water to be near scolding almost hot enough to be dangerouse u can do it with care with too hot water otr carefully in the shower use the hottest u can stand ..or even hotter and try to avoid yoir skin..dont burn yourself but make it almost hot enough to

the melting point of wax and the temp it takes to burn u are pretty close unfortunately so be careful but go hot as u can

--
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

ok so thats the trick..is to make sure its very hot

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theresz actualy 3 tricks to removing wax not 1 is totaly effective

heat melts it making it a less viscouse liquid so much of it will ccome our but having a high surface tension it still cligs to everything so the bulk flows out but leaves a thin film behind

emulsification lots and lots of a good degreasing soap like dawn will remove some but u need alot o remove a lil when its heatted to melting it will remove it easirer

then theres solvents

the orange oil in body splash dissolves wax

dissolvit or gunkout are orange oil based industrial strength solvents they will remove it all probly in 1 use but they are super strong and dry the hell out of hair and scalp can iritate scalp too

but maybe diluted they will do ok

body splash is way weaker and safer but can take many applications to get it out

the best approach is

heat

emulsification

and dissolvuing

all 3

if u used alot heat will ooze it out then vinager (a weak solvant much weaker then body splash but since u can soak in it and really get it to penetrate it will help slowly)

ps if u do a baking soda soak after the vinager it will make the ph more normalized and remove any dirt that was rapped i wax maybe a lil added to the dawnwill be a ok idea too worth a shot

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form