Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Residue free Shampoo

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

If you are searching for a good residue free shampoo, look no further.. I found this one at walmart.. It was cheap and it is effing amazing!! :D just thought I'd share..

Below are pictures of the shampoo.. Its like 3 bucks at walmart to anyone interested..

Enjoy!

updated by @karrington-3: 01/13/15 09:12:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not residue free i tried the anti dandruf version its very veery hard to rinse i was insing and still felt soapy i added a lil bit tio my baking soda mix and that worked ok

i would not consider them dread friendly however

though the antidandruf 1 is ok to use on occassion for problem dandry=uff i think ot woerm=ks besst as an addative to the bs not on its own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

It worked for me.. There was a lot of nasty build up in my hair and this got all of it out.. I have been using another shampoo but it was just bogging my hair down.. I dunno SE, I like how my hair feels, looks and smells.. To each his own I guess.. :)

soaring eagle said:

its not residue free i tried the anti dandruf version its very veery hard to rinse i was insing and still felt soapy i added a lil bit tio my baking soda mix and that worked ok

i would not consider them dread friendly however

though the antidandruf 1 is ok to use on occassion for problem dandry=uff i think ot woerm=ks besst as an addative to the bs not on its own

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i liked how it felt too but had a reallllly hard time rinsing the 1st time i used it i still felt soapy after and in fact got a rash on my neck i think from it staying soapy i then did the anti residue nutragena to be sure ot was out then next tu=ime added a lil tiny bit to my baking sida that seemed to work ok but stikll had to do extra rinsing

i did like how my hair felt tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Yeah, but you have a lot more hair than I do.. Mine is extra short :)

soaring eagle said:

i liked how it felt too but had a reallllly hard time rinsing the 1st time i used it i still felt soapy after and in fact got a rash on my neck i think from it staying soapy i then did the anti residue nutragena to be sure ot was out then next tu=ime added a lil tiny bit to my baking sida that seemed to work ok but stikll had to do extra rinsing

i did like how my hair felt tho

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i have that one but i haven't been brave enough to try it yet. i tried the clear anti dandruff one that i bought my son and it made my hair really soft and i did find it hard to rinse out. probably due to the length of my hair though.

Karrington <3
@karrington-3
13 years ago
94 posts

Yeah my hair is pretty short.. I just followed the directions on the back of the bottle.. Saying to rinse for like 2 minutes.. then I washed 2 more times to get it extra clean.. It still feels great and this was yesterday.. :)

Heather said:

i have that one but i haven't been brave enough to try it yet. i tried the clear anti dandruff one that i bought my son and it made my hair really soft and i did find it hard to rinse out. probably due to the length of my hair though.

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

Yeah I definitely wouldn't say that's a residue free shampoo. That's great that it's working for you for now but keep an eye on it in the future, even by definition a fortifying shampoo is a shampoo with extra ingredients to help strengthen the hair. Maybe try doing some research on the ingredients just in case and find out what each one is meant to do and how easy it is to wash out. I've found that even the knotty boy supposed residue free shampoo has left a little residue in my hair so it might be a more pressing problem to dreadheads then people know.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form