Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

****1 year n 2 month JOURNEY**

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

ok so i LLOOOVEEEEE my dreads its like a project, i started off by backcombing took about 2 days, hurt so bad ...they were wild wen i first got them i was so mad bc i didnt kno nething bout thm i jus thought they were posed to look "good" right away everyday i would get gel an twist thm into balls an leve thm 4 bout an hr so they dry thn take them out...hated doing tht, heres a few pics of wen i first got thm

hers one how u can see i twiested them into balls everyday

they wer so frizzy i didnt kno wht to do or wat was right so i started using wax very little tho, it was very nasty n messy. i thn began to read thtt it was bad so i would only put thm on my roots an twist I DIDNT KNO WAT I WAS DOING. i used to do crazy things like wear rubber bands around the roots jus so they would look neat

a while after that prb like 6 monhs i began to do nothing at all to thm. i would go to the salon n get thm twisted for nice events like prom, or graduation ...i stil dnt kno if jus one time a yr is ok to do???heres a pic frm prom..all it does is make them look neat an cause pain throughout the process..she put a glue tht she uses to glue her customers weave in,,, i didnt know til after i left an felt it.WOW i can stil feel it now an am stil getting it out i belive its worse thn wax its a black sticky substance tht stays n tht form doesnt eventually dry

i stil do nothing to thm except every saturay wash w dreadhq shampoo so far so good w that ...so everyone is always like ur dreads r too thick u shouldve got thm thinner an ppl daily say go twist them it wil help bc they see the top of my head which is all messy, it used to bother me and i would go get them twisted every month. but now i kno the truth is too jus do nothing to them an leave them be. my roots r starting to tighten an knot up

hers them now!

only thing is i have alottabreakage towards top of dreads....ne advice?

updated by @nicole-hernandez: 02/14/15 03:24:27AM
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

i thought they'd nvr get better!

Amelia Nantume Marie Mayer
@amelia-marie-dreadybear
13 years ago
18 posts

Love your dreads! Lookin sexy. I have thick dreads too, and love them. Lot's of loose hair at my roots too, but I've been told it will all dread up into new dreads over time. The breakage, is it like from your hair being dry, or from separating them?

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

i have no idea....its the white tips from the roots breaking off it doesnt seem like u cn do nething bout it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop twisting threm go to extreme measures to remove wax and gel anmd glue (h my) stop going to salons just leave em alone but u got to remove allll the gunk u put in them

twisting has yanked hair out of the scalp backcombing did ytoo dreads should bnot be painful

now just concentrate on removing the gunk and i hope u got all the rubber bands out

every single thing dreadheadhq e=recomends is wrong wrong wrong

when the wax and craps out just leace em al9ne

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

yea i dnt do nethin to thm no more...so what if i dnt try to get all of that out?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it can prevent them dfrom dreading properly trap dirt and water and make em rot and make em stiff cause breakouts etc

--
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

how would i get it all out?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its not easy especialy in real thick dreads start with undikuted apple cider vinegar soapk 10 mi n then squuuueeeze em root to tip to squeeze it out the ends then scrub with very hot water hot as u can stand and lots of dawn dish soap repeat ofrten long after u believe its all gone

--
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
13 years ago
54 posts

can u actually c it coming out??how do u kno its workin ..and where can u find undiluted apple cider

i want to do this ASAP!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form