Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Which dreadlock shampoo is the best?

Teresa
@teresa
13 years ago
6 posts

I know that everyone swears by the baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinses, but I really would like the convenience of just stepping into the shower and having something in a bottle or in a bar that I can just use right away. Also, a big part of it is psychological -- I associate "clean" with soap bubbles and the squeaky feeling that's left over when all the soap's rinsed away.

So far, I've found these shampoos, and I was wondering if anyone has tried any of them. Or, if any of them are better than using Dr. Bronner's, because I've heard that it's not residue-free, and that some people had problems with it.

Maylee's Garden Mayan Gold Shampoo Bar

Spearmint Eucalyptus Organic Dreadlock Shampoo

Tea Tree Foaming Dreadlock Shampoo by My Tangled Knots

DreadHead HQ Dreadlocks Shampoo

Right now, I'm leaning toward the DreadHead shampoo, because at $10 for 16 ounces ($0.63 per ounce), it's the most cost-effective, even if there are some issues around their promotion of waxing. I'm also sort of leaning toward the spearmint eucalyptus shampoo, because it's made in Bucks County, where I'm from (even though I'm on the other side of the state right now for college).

If you have any testimonials, alternative suggestions, or general tips on how to pick out a good shampoo, I'd love to hear them!

updated by @teresa: 01/13/15 09:12:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhq shampoo takes way way way more so its not cost effective and it doesnt clean too well and causes dandruff badly

in fact if u used it then imediately used the baking soda the water would be brown thats how much better bs does

the mayless is awesome

bronners is residue free and awesome unless u have hard water (same with maylees)

www.dreadlockshampoo.com workls in hard wate is made in bux countey just a mile from where i went to hs

right around where i grew up

id recomend that or maylees or bronners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Teresa
@teresa
13 years ago
6 posts

I'm pretty sure I don't have hard water (although I'm not really sure how you tell), so I got the Maylee's Garden soap. Just in case, though, I got the spearmint eucalyptus bar. In any case, it'll be cool to try different shampoo bars and a new scent will be a nice change of pace.

I'm actually from Bucks County, too, so even though I don't live there at the moment, I suppose I can still count it as supporting a local business.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

the way i always knew that i had hard water from the tap here, is you are left with huge white mineral buildup when ever it dries on your car, or anywhere else for that matter.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form