Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oily Scalp From Dr.Bronners

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

I have been dreading for almost four months and for last two months I have been using Dr.Bronners lavender herbal castille soap. It makes my hair smell great and everything, but even after my hair dries, it looks and feels oily. At first i thought my hair was adjusting, but weeks went by and I saw no improvement. Also, I have been seeing little to no dread progress.If you experienced similar problems orhave a solution, please comment. Thank you!

updated by @fermin-lujan: 01/13/15 09:11:21PM
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

Do you know if you have hard-water? Castille based soaps don't rinse very well with hard-water and if there is soap left in your hair to the put it feels oily the dreading process will be slower. Have you tried the Baking Soda rinse. Even with hard-water if you use a bit more Baking Soda it will rinse out fully if you do it right (ACV rinse then rinse repeat as many times as you need)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its hard water stop using bronners try baking soda or anything else id use a anti residue shampoo a time or 2 to remove the bronnbers buildup\

bronners is an amazing producvt but its purity is what makes it not good in hard warer

no harsh detergents means it wont rince in hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

well i tried baking soda before and it also left residue in my hair and didn't clean it very well. guess i'm shit out of luck.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

There are a lot of shampoos you can get. If you live in the states 85% of the country has hard-water. Personally I would try using more Baking Soda before you give up on that. Sodium bicarbonate is found naturally in mineral pools. It turns to a gas when it reacts to water so, if your hair feels rough or a little sticky/tacky it is from the water itself not the Baking Soda. Under products Heather and Panterra have a great list of shampoos and reviews written as well. Hope some of this helps, Jah Bless

fermin Lujan
@fermin-lujan
13 years ago
37 posts

After I used the baking soda and rinsedthoroughly, it still left the sticky stuff. Since you said it's from the water, I would like to know how to get rid of this problem.

Cameron Sean said:

There are a lot of shampoos you can get. If you live in the states 85% of the country has hard-water. Personally I would try using more Baking Soda before you give up on that. Sodium bicarbonate is found naturally in mineral pools. It turns to a gas when it reacts to water so, if your hair feels rough or a little sticky/tacky it is from the water itself not the Baking Soda. Under products Heather and Panterra have a great list of shampoos and reviews written as well. Hope some of this helps, Jah Bless

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

make the bs stronger and do the acv rinse

fermin Lujan said:

After I used the baking soda and rinsedthoroughly, it still left the sticky stuff. Since you said it's from the water, I would like to know how to get rid of this problem.

Cameron Sean said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

SE said exactly what I was going to say. I used 3/4 a cup to a gallon at first to get my hair clean. Combined with enough essential oils it won't dry your hair/scalp out but will get all of the gunk off. If you see dandruff at first it's because things are loosing up. Then when you rinse use ACV and then rinse that out thoroughly. Works for me but do whatever you think is best for you.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form