Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wouldnt mind my dreads being a bit thicker..

Miles Robertson
@miles-robertson
13 years ago
13 posts

Hello family :)
I'm about 9 months into my dreading adventure!
FileNotFound?transform=rotate(90)&width=448&height=600
Here is a shot of my dreads from the back, and im in love with them.
My dreads range from heaps of different sizes. Some the size of an office pen/ pencil, some as thick as a sharpie, some as thin as the head of a pin. i reckon the variety is kickass :P

but i have this dread on the side of my head which i have named "The great deku tree".
Its a congo of about 3 dreads, and it's my favourite dread on my whole head.
i LOVE the size of my deku tree, and id love for the rest of my dreads to be around that size. (I'ts roughly the exact size of a harmonica if you were to stand it up straight)
Here is a pic of the deku tree.
FileNotFound?transform=rotate(90)&width=450&height=600

is it possible to get my dreads to join together this late in the process? about 70% of my dreads are mature ( In my opinion. they feel the same as my cousins dreads and his are 10 years old)
And i have very few congos. is there anything i can do to get the rest of my dreads to congo up?
(I have thought about putting beads on them, but to me that seems silly, like tying 2 ropes together and expecting them to join. but i could be very wrong)
Cheers guys, any input is appreciated. Much love :)

updated by @miles-robertson: 01/13/15 09:09:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its simple

dont seperate

they join

18 yrears in i stopped seperating and as many as 6 joined into 1

just be careful to not let them join too crazy and grow too big or you might have a hugse dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i want to let some of mine congo too. my hair is thin and most of my developing dreads are smaller than my pinky. i don't want huge ones but index finger size would be nice. i would think a bead would do the trick. it would probably just join the new growth together though. that why i kind of want to join some of mine now while they're still developing. yours look awesome. i think guys can pull off the huge dreadlocks better than girls:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

or you could wrap some of them together using hemp.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form