Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

idk! help

maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

iv been wanting dreads for a really long time now. i just love them and when i see someone with them it just makes me want them more and more. the problem is, is that my mom will flip. she already told me i couldnt get them. but i want them so bad. also i used to have 3 dreads i backcombed them and i went to school and people noticed girls were going by me saying "ewww" and i kept hearing comments like that's so disgusting. i have never seen a person in my area with dreads. iv always been different then everyone else i never liked to fit in and be the same. i have got made fun of alot but also people tell me that they like that im myself and i dont care what people think. but if im walking and i hear people say ewww. i do care.

updated by @maddie-ary: 01/13/15 09:08:46PM
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Why does your mother not want you to have locks? If its a hygiene issue explain to her thhat you need clean hair to dread properly. Who cares about those yuppie girls! They are just narrow minded and don't know what they're missing out on! But just remember, dreads are beautiful and attract beautiful people abd in some eyes they are ugly and bring about ugly people. Do what feels right. I was hesitant to start but now I can't imagine turning back
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont

dreads seperate the shallow and worthless and the worthwhile

your in highschool?

highschool is competative bordering on abusive

every single 1 of them is insecure about theyre looks and they cut you down so they dont feel so low

like an average girl wit]ill call a pretty and skinny girl fat and ugly so she dont feel so plaine

this is why so many teens have body image issues self hatred low self esteem etc

dreads give you strength to rise above these things

to not care

to have fconfidence in your beauty and not care whpo ays ewww

thr will be those who are more evolved and less shallow who will look up to you

give you respect and overwhelming compliments

only pay attention to the possitives and let go of the enegatives

laufgh it off

every eww you get is just a reflection of the inner ufglinness of the one saying eww

in fact its a recognition of ypur beauty and bravery and confirmation that they feel threattened by you

anything u do that makes u less of a clone will draw that same attention

thrive i=on it

it means your unique an individiual not a conformist afraid to be unique

just let it dread naturaly and enjoty the ignorance for what it isd

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

i dont know exactly what it is she just said no. but i don't care shes just going to have to deal with it. but thanks guys i feel a lot better about it now.

DOC
@doc
13 years ago
5 posts

I'm 41 years old and the last time I visited my folks my mom set out a pair of scissors and a comb for me. She said she was afraid something was growing in my hair. Then completely denied saying it. Folks are always gonna have an opinion, most of the time it is uninformed and not worthy of a response. Ladies with dreads are beautifully exotic. If you are trying to "fit in" w/ those girls then you better not dread your hair. But is your individuality worth sacrificing so a few "popular" girls will accept you. Do you think those "popular" girls will stand the test of time and be your true friends down the road? Probably not. Someone that picks on someone else because of the way they look is shallow, egocentric, and unworthy of your friendship. Granted I'm 41, out of high school and not trying to make friends but you'll be surprised how many people will compliment you on your dreads and then say "I wish I had the courage to do that"

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
13 years ago
95 posts
I went thru the same situation as you for the most part. 'cut your hair, they look nasty, youu look like sideshow bob, lol, blahblahblah..I believe that if something really, truly & deeply means something to you, you should follow pursue it regardless of what anybody says. and dreadlocks, to me have been a life changing experience and it has but only been a year.myadvice would be to go natural, it is more than a billion % worth and you will learn things not only about yourself but also the people around youu:)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form