Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing

maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

so i have kinda long thick hair. its not curly and its not straight. it has a little bit of wave to it but its mostly just puffy. my hair is a bit damaged from dieing it and straightening it. when i decided to get dreads witch was like a year ago i didn't wash my hair everyday but when i did i just used water. i didn't use soap. nothing. i didn't brush it either but my hair just got realllly dry and started to get thinner? any suggestions? i really want dreads. no matter what it takes ill do it.

updated by @maddie-ary: 01/13/15 09:08:42PM
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Hmmm, your hair sounds like mine. I am thinking it didn't knot up because you weren't washing it. The oils in white hair keep it from dreading, so people use bar soap to let it dry when getting dreads. Ivory soap is 99% pure. Try that. I know some rastafarians wash their hair with only water, but you obviously don't have that hair type.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you shoulkd continue washing it either with the baking soda mix or a residue free conditioner free shamoo]poo just washig with waters not gonna keep em clean getting thinner is odd i think maybe u used "volumizer" shampoos to make it seeem thicker ?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

okay. thank you so much for your help! i will try it for sure. i really appropriate it!

Torie Shea said:

Hmmm, your hair sounds like mine. I am thinking it didn't knot up because you weren't washing it. The oils in white hair keep it from dreading, so people use bar soap to let it dry when getting dreads. Ivory soap is 99% pure. Try that. I know some rastafarians wash their hair with only water, but you obviously don't have that hair type.
maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

alright! do you use just straight backing soda? im a little confused on that. and yes you're right i did use volumizer shampoo. thanks for the help!

soaring eagle said:

you shoulkd continue washing it either with the baking soda mix or a residue free conditioner free shamoo]poo just washig with waters not gonna keep em clean getting thinner is odd i think maybe u used "volumizer" shampoos to make it seeem thicker ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i should be a hair detective haha

u use 1/3 cup bs per gallon

u can add oils to treat symptoms (dandryuff etc) pour on soak 10 min (no scrubbing) then u can (and usualy should unless your oily) do a quick weak acv rinse after'

search the site for the baking soda recipie theres loads of info on it

maddie ary said:

alright! do you use just straight backing soda? im a little confused on that. and yes you're right i did use volumizer shampoo. thanks for the help!

soaring eagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

haha yes you should lol but thank you. i wrote it down. ill let you know how it goes!

soaring eagle said:

i should be a hair detective haha

u use 1/3 cup bs per gallon

u can add oils to treat symptoms (dandryuff etc) pour on soak 10 min (no scrubbing) then u can (and usualy should unless your oily) do a quick weak acv rinse after'

search the site for the baking soda recipie theres loads of info on it

maddie ary said:

soaring eagle said:

Will
@will
13 years ago
3 posts
I use Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo for daily washing (usally 1 day after I feel as it should be washed). So every 4 days just about and am having pretty good results I would say, most of my hair has a bunch of knots and im only 19 days into my journey.hopefully this helps:). Ohhh and btw you can pick up that shampoo at walmart or cvs if u choose to give it a try
maddie ary
@maddie-ary
13 years ago
28 posts

thanks will. ill give it a try. i appropriate it.

I use Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo for daily washing (usally 1 day after I feel as it should be washed). So every 4 days just about and am having pretty good results I would say, most of my hair has a bunch of knots and im only 19 days into my journey.hopefully this helps:). Ohhh and btw you can pick up that shampoo at walmart or cvs if u choose to give it a try
Will
@will
13 years ago
3 posts
Your welcome :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form