Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello knotty boys and girls!

Eric4
@eric4
13 years ago
2 posts
Hello! I've been lurking the forums for a while and, finally decided to join in the discussion!As with everyone, I've got a story to tell. I have fairly short hair at the moment (2 1/2 - 3 inches) very thick, and very smooth. Like everyone else I wanted my dreads quick, so I had a friend section out my hair and back combed it, after all the sections had been backcombed, I washed with baking soda, and half of them came right out. I still had a few that were nice and tight so I left them alone and started twist and ripping the parts that came out. After awhile I realized that the backcombed dreads and the twist and rip dreads looked nothing alike, so I started back combing again, I now look like side show bob.so I'll start my journey at dreadlockssite.com with a question, should I just condition them out and try again? if so about at what length will neglect begin to take effect?as a side note no wax, and haven't tried the apple cider vinegar soak yet.
updated by @eric4: 01/13/15 09:08:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

2-3 incghes isnt enough hair to backcomb or tnr they will all fall out

4-5 is recomended

6 neglect will work

u mighht get lucky and neglect will work shorter but 6 is typical

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and "like everyone else i wanted my dreads quick" thats not an accurate statement at all probably close to 1/2 of us let things happen at their own pace

no hurry aqt all

and if your worried about tnr and backcomb not looking the same id go with tnr so they look good not like sideshow bob

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eric4
@eric4
13 years ago
2 posts

Okay, thank you for the info! neglect it is than.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form