Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Was poking around some old Posts about merging some dreads.

Elliott Pew
@elliott-pew
13 years ago
5 posts
Well i had to do the same after recovering from.... dare i say.... wax. I swear im off the stuff now!I have found a simple and easy way to merge them effectively. This works well only if the dread are young tho (less than 6 months is ideal).I found in an old knitting supplies box a locking crochet needle. I was able to feed through one dread and grab the tip of another dread and pull it through. This worked well for me mainly because I did a twist and rip method when making them, so the layout of the dreads was fairly random. But after you pull it through just palm roll it well and maybe rubber band at the root if the root. If the root has a twist pull the dread out before you palm roll it. Re do it but make sure you pull them through in a nice straight its pattern. It worked pretty good and i was able to make the dreads mch thicker to where i liked them even more!!! Ill put some pictures up n about a week(doing the same thing for another friend).
updated by @elliott-pew: 01/13/15 09:07:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats a realllllllllllllllllly badd idea

really bad one jonny clean would suggest (and does)

to combine dreads u just let them combine or u put a bead over em or wrap em together

ok so tell me this did you pull the dread up inside the other dread like jc does with the loose hair harpoon?

or did you pull it through the roots

either waqy was a bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Elliott Pew
@elliott-pew
13 years ago
5 posts

Well I have a lockingcrochethook as i said thats for threading then ends of a blanket or somthing of the sort. I Thnethreadedall the way to the root and grabed to TIP of the other dread, Pullted it though and pal rolled it and then put a bead on it. It has dreaded twice as fast and Got much thicker and nicer looking. I did it on most of my head and it has turned out great so far.

I didnt have organized dreads from the root and it has made them fatter after i worked on the roots. If its a bad idea then bad is good for me cause it worked very well and my Girl said they lookeed nice and thicker after i did it. I would still suggest it to most of my friends

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it was a very vbad idea if u pulled it through the root theres a good chance they will break ifu pulled it up inside the dread like jc sufggests they youd break every hair in the dread in the process

all u had to do wabs not seperate then theyh combine its tyhat simple

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i know right? almost all of mine combined by doing nothing

and it dont take long at all

its harder to keep them from combining then it is to combine them

the method u used i would only recomend if i was recomending they NOT use it

--
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I helped a couple merge together with tying them together with some hemp once, it worked great and didn't take long at all, I actually once used my daughters tiny hair tie for a couple days too when I seperated a little too much and needed to re combine them it didnt do any harm at all in the short time and it didn't even try to get eaten! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form