Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread falling out

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

so every time i wash my hair my twists get looser and looser. I am trying not to use any kinds of gel or wax.

I want to get sea shells but i think my hair is to short for them. My hair is short by the way. I started my dreads using the twist method. I wash my hair twice a week. I am suffering from itchy scalp and dandruff. I hear use ACV and baking soda. Using rubber bands is out of the question and wax is a def. no no. And some are against gel too. I am black so I hear time is all i really need. some of my hair is staying and a lot of it is doing nothing. I started washing my hair with a panty hoes on my head. Any other advice would be great. I want to switch to the neglect method but not sure if i am doing the proper steps to insure the hair is going to matt and dread.

updated by @devin3: 01/13/15 09:07:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u was with panty hose on your head?

thats silly

putting the panty hose on will undo more knots then washing will!

stop that thats just gooffy

wash your head but pay arttention to just the scalp not hair

if your hairs dry like most african hair some aloe vera (straight from the plant) isnt a bad idea

lose the pantyhose and i bet ya stop having the problem as much

but some looseinging early on is normal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

did you check out the photos. I just have never done this before and get all freaked out when they come out. So when I wash i do not rub or scrub the hair at all. i just let the water run through the hair and scalp. I guess I am wanting instant gratification and know it will take time.

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

O.K cool I am always so stress about how it looks. I may pick up a little bit of a gel. I was wanting the dreads to come in with out using anything in my hair. But if it helps then I am down. I thank you for saying that my hair looks good. By the way I did not refresh the web page and was talking to SE about the photo. Thank you for the quick response i love this site.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when u rub scrub the scalp no payig attention to the hair just the scalp

if u use the bs/achv you dont touch it just piur on soak then rinse

the pantyhose thing im certain was messing you up..sooo tight i would have to flatten them out i order to squeeze it on

(unless the girl u stole em from has ankles thicker then your head!)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

that would be a big women

Devin3
@devin3
13 years ago
18 posts

hey deasarie did you see the more update pictures. my dreads are a bit older now. about 2 weeks old. I got a journey ahead of me

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form