Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wanting to start dreads but worried about work

LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

Hey guys, I'm new here and have been wanting to grow some dreadlocks. I had been browsing DreadHeadHQ for about a week and found this site just in time to be saved haha.My hair is really wavy and curls at the ends, so I think my hair will be able to lock up pretty well with time. Here are some pictures of my hair right now. And before you ask, the room where my computer is is my old nursery so no making fun of the wallpaper hah.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9530/pb160004z.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2739/pb160005h.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6790/pb160006.jpg

Anyway, I've been wanting to get dreads and it seems like the natural dreads are the ones people seem to be the most satisfied with. The only thing I'm worried about is my work; I work at a golf club/country club for a bunch of rich people and appearances are pretty important there. I'm wondering if the natural way will be too messy in the beginning.

Can someone quickly lay out the procedure for natural dreads. It may seem like an obvious question but I just want to make sure, heh.

Thanks

updated by @lordmoe: 01/13/15 09:07:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well u need more length 1st but thats omk you can start today and let it dread as it grows

is it oily thouhggh or is that just the flasgh makig it look oily

if oily u want to get it used to being washed less so it stops over producuing oils

natural dreads process

stop combing

stop conditioning

it seperates into sevctions which start to get knotty

then u seperate the sections that start to combine often

and thats it

jobs

its really illegal to descriminate against dreadlocks because dreadlocks are a requirement of some religious vows and are connected to just about every religious belief as well as spirituality

although if thats the claim you wishto make in deffending yoir locks you would have to justify it as well as they would have to be natural (ni religious texts says "thou shalt combeth thy hair backwardeth and smother thine locks in wax colectedeth from the bees that maketh the hiney and covereth them in the butter from the utters of he holiest of thine bovines" (ok i must be tired sorry haha)

anyways point being that there are always new court cases you hear of where someiones fired for refusing to cut theyre dreads then deffend it in court not only earning huge settlements for descrimibrtion but also forcing them to hire thm back.

you should approach your bosses and tell them your plans tell them what to expect and that you feel strongly about doing it the natural way which will mean messiness for months but you can wear a tam to conseal the craziness thrugh the early stages

come to an agreement but stand up fopr your rights as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

thanks SE. I was hoping you'd be the first to respond, hah

I'm looking forward to locks though. For as long as I can remember, my hair has given me trouble. It never lays right and I used to just cover it in hair gel and slick it back which, looking back, doesn't really look good unless I'm in a 50s themed diner.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you mean like this? haha

yea dreads would be way better

--
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

oh god, lol

not quite because my hair was wild so it would come undone and curl near the front

my co-workers starting calling me Clark Kent/Superman HAH

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

who cares what they call u tho right?

--
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

another quick question

I'm gonna guess that I shouldn't be running my fingers or anything through my hair anymore. I saw the baking soda rinse for showers, so i guess I just pour that over and let the water rinse it out without running my fingers through it like I normally would?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly running finfgers thru is combing it out

--
LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

so that's something I don't want to be doing at all from now on

thanks

LordMoe
@lordmoe
13 years ago
23 posts

thanks. I did the baking soda trick last night and no pasty build up, so I guess my water is soft :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form