Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to keep your Dreads looking nice without wax?

bob_marlo
@bob-marlo
15 years ago
5 posts
I've been using wax for a few years now, because it makes my dreads look nice and not all wild. Too bad I just found this site, because I found out that wax is bad for your dreads. I wonder if its too late for me? Anyways I'm looking for a wax alternative to keep my dreads looking nice. I would just let them do what ever they want but for work reasons I got to make them look as maintained as possible.
updated by @bob-marlo: 01/13/15 08:27:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
1st get the wax out..its really bad and kinda amazed your dreads lasted 5 years with wax (very few do)2nd aloe vera gelworks like wax but rinses right out easilywhats your workmost careers really cant demand you look very maintained with dreads as dreads are often a religious choice and those who dread religiously myust refrain from most types of maintenance.however, looking neat is often just a matter of tying them back, wearring a headband or wrapcontrolling every hair is usualy not an issue except in modelong carreers and showbiz, areas where hypercriticle judgment is often an issue (and a harmful one)ive worked in offices and with polotitions and do almost no maintenance or tidying up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
bob_marlo
@bob-marlo
15 years ago
5 posts
I went to a local hair product supply store (Sally's) and seen different types of Aloe gel but didn't know if they were any good or if their is certain brand I should get?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
none of thosego to a health food store or a garden shopat a health food store in the refridgerator look for 100% pure aloe gel the only ingrediant should be aloe its sold as a food supliment or drinkor a garden shop buy a few aloew plants (be sure its aloe VERA as other aloew varieties can be toxic)when u need it then slice off a leaf, split it in 2 the long way then scrape out the gel inside bob_marlo said:
I went to a local hair product supply store (Sally's) and seen different types of Aloe gel but didn't know if they were any good or if their is certain brand I should get?

--
bob_marlo
@bob-marlo
15 years ago
5 posts
Is the stuff at a GNC the same, it says it's 99% aloe vera gel?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
99.9% leaves alotta room for other crap..preservatives i dunno what else they addi always use just pure aloe and everyone has always stressed that u should use only pure aloe..ppl have used the aloe sold for sunburns anbd stuff but your better off using the purestofcourse you probly dont gotta be as neat as u think u need to beid get the wax out then go tro work without anything till they say something then use aloe as its conditioning lil more then u would want everyday.. bob_marlo said:
Is the stuff at a GNC the same, it says it's 99% aloe vera gel?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form