Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Conditioner on my 7 month old Dreads

Kristina P
@kristina-p
13 years ago
14 posts

Ok, I know this sounds crazy, but I was a bit tired of the scratchiness of my hair at 7 months in, so I put some conditioner on my hair, let it sit for a minute or two. then rinsed out.

It was crazy! I thought my whole head of hair would never come apart. The tips were all stuck together and the roots were like all bunched up in one big pile on my head. Crazy!

i spent the next few minutes sperating.

So, I don't know about anyone else, but maybe a bit of conditioner on a well forming dread head might be the answer to a kick-start - at the very least, it will make your hair feel a bit softer.

[i have white girl hair, fine, and mostly dreaded, i wash every other day with shampoo]

updated by @kristina-p: 01/13/15 09:07:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what conditioner did u use u maybe were gunking m up some?

tho a lght conditioning like aloe wont hurt ya and will soften em nicely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I actually used some conditioner on my dreads for the first time a few weeks ago, I hadn't had a chance to be washing my hair the normal amount that I like, and I was at my grandmothers and she didn't have BS/ACV nor did I have my Dr B's with me so I used some Aloe Vesta stuff (they use it in nursing homes I do believe or in hospitals etc..) and I loved how they felt afterwards, I'm 9 months in so I figure it wouldn't hurt to do once a month perhaps! Glad you had good results!

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I used to use a biotin conditioner on my dreads when I was in the hospital. You really shouldn't wash every day though.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form