Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax use

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

many of you bought dread wax before realizing how bad dread wax was to use in dreadlocks so i decided we need a guide to how to use dread wax for anything but dreads

but 1st

dread wax use in dreads

just in case you have come here actually looking for advise on using dread wax in dreads

heres a few dread wax facts

• dread wax glues hair together so it looks like dreads but dread wax actually prevents the formation of knots by restricting the hairs movement.
  • dread wax is hydrophobic meaning it repels water and is nearly impossible to wash out of dreads.
  • dread wax is sticky and traps water and dirt so you can never be truly clean this can easily cause dread rot mold or mildew.
  • dread wax is the number 1 cause of dreads being cut dread wax coats pillows clothes causes clogged pores and skin breakouts.

ok and now on to:

dread wax other uses

by now your sitting there looking at this sticky gross feeling tub of dread wax feeling ripped off and probably angry, but have no fear there are things you can still use dread wax without ruining your dreads.

some creative uses of dread wax are:

• dread wax candles simply stick a wick in the center of your dread wax tub and light it
  • dread wax waterproofing waterproof boots, tents old raincoats with a lil dread wax
  • dread wax skin care dread wax contains vitamin e so is good for skin in fact the vitamin e would be good for mature dreads if it wasn't stuck in the dread wax. if you have dry cracked feet or hands a thin coat of dread wax can help sooth ad heal dry crocked skin.
  • dread wax surfboard/ski wax dread wax makes a fine wax for surfboards and skis but may lack the durability of more advanced waxes created for that purpose, but hey, ya already bought it so might as well use it.
  • dread wax torch use with care but in an emergency tear up your shirt wax the strips and tie around a stick and light. wax is extremely flammable burns long and hot (howed you like your dreads to burn like that?)
  • dread wax lip balm theres a recipe for 1 on here somewhere but i'll just make 1 up haha melt the dread wax add comfry essential oil lil jojoba lil olive oil il extra vitamin e optionasl lil pepermint and maybe some shate butter or coconut oil
  • dread wax Molotov cocktail if you are still angry and have revenge in mind dread wax can be made into a napalm like Molotov cocktail but its a lil different then the traditional type, fill a bittle with dread wax put in a thick wick (like always) light it but you have to wait till the wax insides completely liquified and about to boil, wax when it reaches the boiling opoint will burn without a wick so when the glass shatters flaming wax spreads everywhere, and heres an interesting and scary property of free burning wax, when you spray waer on it the flames erupt violently hitting the ceiling or shooting 10 or more feet while splattering flame balls in all directions. (this information was not provided to actually be used for this purpose ever just to accurately show the flammability factors dread wax can possess and the potential dangers it can present, further disclamor, the heat required to boil the wax would boil the brain so youd probably be dead anyway, however the increased flammability of the wax in dreads may, or may not increase the risk of reaching that point of no return.)

any other ideas for dread wax use?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

Yeah I mentioned the wax could be used for lip balm. This is great if you do not want to wait for beeswax to come by mail. I used this recipe.

Peppermint Oil

Cocoa Butter

Beeswax (Insert dread wax)

Jojoba/almond/advocado oil.

I ordered black tubes online but you can use the travel tubes from the dollar store or old lip balm containers.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id love to hear more creative ways to use dread wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form