Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stop using wax, now they are falling apart!

Aaron4
@aaron4
13 years ago
4 posts

Hello,

I started my dreads about 1 month and 1 week ago! I start with wax and after reading more about it I wanted to continue my dreading journey without using product.

But my concern is they are falling out now, some of the wax has left the dreads and they are fraying and falling apart.

I use dreadheadHq shampoo untill it runs out, than I want to switch to Dr. bronners(sp?). I roll them pretty much every day. I use sea salt water spray every other day. I also use baking soda and water when I wash them for icthy scalp.

Is this normal? are they going to fall out like this and come back? Its really just a great concern to me I have become very attached to them already!

I added a picture as well!

any and all help would be greatlyappreciated!

Aaron

updated by @aaron4: 01/13/15 09:05:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its totakly normal to loosen b4 they tighten but the rolling everyday got to stop just remove wax remove wax remove wasx then they can dread

till the wax is out they are just glued together not dreading they will start to dread when the wax is gone

backcomb tends to fall apart anyway but dreads form naturaly after it does so its ogk twist and rip would work better

but once your totaly sure all the wax is gone u can add beads and they will dread

tho i would not add beads till all wax is gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lemme explain a lil about dreading

backcombing is an unesacary step it will dread fine without ever backcombing

backcombing packs the hair down in a rats nest then wax compresses the mess in wax palm rolling constantly is like turning playdo into a rolled out tube the hair never gets any more knotted then it was on day 1! just you compress it in wax so its harder and appears tighter but never gets any more dreaded (thats why johny clean can poke a harpoon into his and pull 1 dread inside another root to tip thwey are not at all dreaded after 6 years!

now twist and rip creates a much more knotty state then just packed down hair so holds together better ..usualy but still can fall apart some too

but either way hold together or fall apart hair dreads its what hair wants to do

stop palm rolling all thats gonna di=o is help it fall apart

crub out all the wax\x

if theres any knots left ..leave it alone dont touch it it will dread right up..if theres no knots left twist and rip it it will dread right up..or dont and it still will dread right up

the wax has prevented any dreading at all over the past month so ofcourse its goingto loosen up

if u removed the wax next year it could return to a state it would be at at 2 weeks old!

the falling apart will alow progress it lets the hair move which is what needs ti happen to create knors

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron4
@aaron4
13 years ago
4 posts
okay, so my goal right now is to get the wax out of my dreads and then just let it go? Sigh...I was afraid that was going to be the answer... haha oh well I'll just have to start over basically then.
Thanks alot! :)

I want really healthy dreads so I gotta do this then!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form