Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just making sure im going about this the right way.

Sarah Dunn
@sarah-dunn
13 years ago
2 posts

so i have some back combed, some neglect baby dreads that are about two weeks old. obviously the back combed ones look more "dreaded", but im finally starting to get knots in the rest of my hair.

my routine is every 2 to3 days ill make a BS wash (4 cups water, 1/3 cup BS, tablespoon of salt and a few splashes of lemon juice) pour it on my head and wrap it up in a towel to soak, then wash it out during my shower. i use no wax but try to use a sea salt and water spray to freshen up.i try to use a lot of BS because my job is a tad dirty ( i work at home depot on freight and im up in the racks with dust, dirt, bugs, and before i got dreads i got drenched in a gallon of fallen paint LOL)

is this a decent routine to keep them clean or does anyone have suggestions? thanks for any input :)

updated by @sarah-dunn: 01/13/15 09:05:46PM
Adam Hylton
@adam-hylton
13 years ago
4 posts
Yes, you have a good system going. I know cus i started with the same system. I'm on my 6 month mark now. I started using Dr. Bronners 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender pure castile soap after three months and it seems that my hair likes it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id skip the lemon it will make u extra frizzy

idf that much bs dries u out too much then do acv

otherwise yup good

tho i dunno if u need to do the bs that strong really

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags