Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Wrap or Not To Wrap?

Sean
@sean
13 years ago
16 posts

So I've been struggling with getting my fronts and sides to lock up. Recently, I've switched from Burt's Bee's Shampoo back to backing soda and I'm very glad I did so. Because of the weather change, I've been able to jump in the ocean a lot more, twice this week. And I've gone back to wrapping my pillow with a wool sweater.

My girlfriend wrapped 3 of my oddly shaped locks with 75% washable wool yarn. They look great, and they feel great and are actually helping the dreads surrounding them.

My question is: Is it okay to wrap a lock in the front that's, lets say, not actually locked yet. Is wrapping only for locks that are further along in the process? Or is it acceptable and safe to wrap up a piece of hair that has grouped together but hasn't locked (and may not for sometime)?

updated by @sean: 01/13/15 09:05:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i had wraps in many early on b4 they dreaded and they dresded just fine but thin and straight with much thicker closer to the roots where they wernt being squished

as long as your aware they will be squished very thin then go for it

or just be patient stiop touching them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sean
@sean
13 years ago
16 posts

i see...

some of the sections are just so thin and small already (like around my ears) that i think they just won't dread for quite some time unless they're wrapped. but i'll try one or two just to see.

Thanks SE =D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thaT AREAS ALWAYS LAST TO DREAD BUT SO WHAT? LET IT DREAD WHEN ITS READY

WHEN IT DOES U WILL KNOW YOUR REALLY HERE

damn caps again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags