Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

10 Months Old. FAT tips and Skinny roots. HELP!

Sean
@sean
13 years ago
16 posts

How can I fix these? I'm extremely tempted to just cut the tips off. But I'm afraid to lose the body of the dread. Not to mention the unevenness with the rest of my head. Is there any way to fatten the body of these 2? I believe this is the result of terrible backcombing... and the ripped out hair was caught at the tip.

Other than that, I'm happy with the rest of my head. They're about 10 months old. It'll be a year in September.

The only issue I really seem to have left if the front of my head and around my ears just not knotting. I'm sure that this is because of the "way" I sleep. I've that a million times. What exactly would help me while I sleep? Sleep on my back?

As you can see (very fizzy atm) that the back of my head is all locked and dreaded. But it's the opposite on the front and sides and only starting to dread at the top. (Very difficult to take that pic too lol).

Any tips are appreciated. I've been washing with the gallon of water and 2/3 cup baking soda. Sometimes I use Burt's Bee's. And I've been using some Murray's natural locking stuff as conditioner after if they feel really dry. Sometimes my GF will re-twist and rip, but It doesn't seem to do much. I also try to dip into the ocean at least once a month.

Any tips? Thoughts? Comments? Compliments? =D TY!

updated by @sean: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do not re twist anfd ripo thats 9nly setting u back more and more dont cut those off just leave em be they may thicken but if not so what just makes them cooler then the rest

and the front sides and top dread slower the hair arounfd the face and ears w=ill always have loose hairs dont worry bout hem

mostly just a waitting game still

as long as u stop re-twist n ripping it will dread right up

use the sea salt more the conditioner less or not at all ar least till theyre more dreaded

some dryness ois a good thing till theyree more settled in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form