Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Damaged dreadlock.

Coen Cameron
@coen-cameron
13 years ago
12 posts

Hey everyone. I know that the whole idea here is to leave dreads alone and not fuss about them, but I am a bit worried. I am camping at the moment and just a while ago, I was screwing around in my tent when I stood up a bit and got a dread kind of tangled in something, Im not sure whether it was a zip, or velcro, I tried to get it out gently but it ended up ripping it quite badly, It seems to have somehow ripped up the middle of one of my dreads, from the root, to about a third of the way up the dread, so now that area is open and loose, I can easily fit 2 fingers inside the hole it has created. So, do I just leave it alone and hope that it will fix itself, how long might that take? or is there something else I can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps.

updated by @coen-cameron: 01/13/15 09:04:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

leave it or wrap it in hemp like you would a sprained ankle or bandaging a bleding arm to give it support in healing

(and protect it from further damage)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Coen Cameron
@coen-cameron
13 years ago
12 posts
Ok, I guess i'll just leave it. Thanks people, I should have some contact with salt water soon so that will help it knot and tighten up a bit I suppose. Thanks.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form