Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural method update... with pics

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts

Okay, so May 24th was the last day I put a comb through my hair after my TNR "dreads" came undone. So, its been a week of neglect on my hair and I have to say, I look a mess... AND I LOVE IT!!! I just think back to the end of March when I "tried" to neglect my hair and grow dreads. If I would have had patience and just stuck it out, I'd be more than 2 months into the process. Anyways.... I've been washing every other day (cause I used Dr. Bronner's on the 24th and my hair has felt oily since) with baking soda and adding sea salt. During the first two days, I would rub my wool tam in small circles on my hair to knot it up, especially underneath. I would only do it a little bit but it worked and the small soft hairs on the under side of my hair is nice and tangled, as well as the top hairs. Just for giggles I backcombed one small section on the crown of my head as well as one side of my bangs, they look really funny. They'll come undone, I'm sure of it but I wasn't doing it as a starter method, just to see how much length I'd lose if I were to do it all over and YIKES! lol I'm trying to take photos every day cause I can see changes every day, a couple of days I forgot though. I'll post a series of pics.

This is from the first day (5/25/11) after a bit of a wool rub.

Day two, after more wool rubbing (5/26/11)

Day 3, freshly washed and dried in the sun. (5/27/11)

Same day as above, side view

Just now 5/30/11-- Washed, this morning.

Side view today

5/30/11

Other side, didn't realize my little guy popped into the pic at the last minute. lol

5/30/11

updated by @kai-rayne: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
nice making fast progress )

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Thanks! I'm super excited to be seeing this amount of progress this fast. :) I think the wool rubbing the first two days helped a lot. :)

soaring eagle said:
nice making fast progress )
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form