Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you do if hair dreads too fast?

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Never thought I would be asking this...My daughter Blaze, who is 12, decided to dread her hair. She started May 9th, so, it has only been 3 weeks. Problem is, her hair is dreading like crazy! Everytime I wash it it is a giant matted ball! I put a few small beads in the back to help keep it seperated but the hair at the roots in particular still matts around the beads anyway. Her hair is baby fine and has always tangled very easily. Is there anything that I can do? The last time I seperated it took almost an hour and there was alot of snapping and crackling from pulling the hair apart.
updated by @panterra-caraway: 01/13/15 09:03:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate more often as it dreads when wet after every wash

try to push the scalp hairs towards the drads u want them in

2 fingers between the dreads press against scalp spread fingers pushing the hars towards the dreadzs

doeresnt sdoi a whi=ole lot but can maybe helop guide the hairs towards the dreads they should be in and away from the ones u dont want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
I started out completely natural and had problems keeping my dreaded hair from gobbling up my loose hair. I had to separate 2 -3 times a day. It was a pain in the ass! So I tnr'd the loose hair, which helped immensely in the battle against the unidread. Maybe you could tnr her hair just near the roots if you didn't want to tnr completely?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form