Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, I'm new to dreadlocks. :)

Taboo Essential
@taboo-essential
13 years ago
6 posts

Hello there. I'm wanting to begin growing my dreadlocks the right way. :) I have wanted them for awhile now, and I have done research and I found that I love this website. I believe the people here are here to help, and that makes me fuzzy inside. ;)

First off, my name is Cameron and I have no dreadlocks in my hair at the moment, I have a clear idea of how to start them, or let them start themselves rather. ;) I just would like to know if I need to buy a certain type of shampoo to wash my hair with, and when I start using that shampoo? Right away, or wait for my hair to start knotting up? :) I appreciate all the help I have gained from this community already. :)

updated by @taboo-essential: 01/13/15 09:02:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can buy dr bronners maylees gardens (in our shops here) or use plain ol bakingsoda like many of us use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and use it now

--
Taboo Essential
@taboo-essential
13 years ago
6 posts

The thought of using baking soda intrigues me; I will go buy some immediately and see how it goes. :) I appreciate the help. Amazing dreads also, by the way. :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you'll love the bs wash once u get your prfect mix down

--
J P
@j-p
13 years ago
8 posts

Greatings.

Am guessing most folk have different ways of starting out, for me i got a good friend to back comb my hair as if she was doing braids, its taken a while for them to 'bed' in as such but aside from that i do nothing special to them, aside from plenty of rolling them. I may start using bicarbionate soda on them to wash them (i hear thats good).

Either way best of luck and just have lots of patiance at teh start.

Regards

J

Taboo Essential
@taboo-essential
13 years ago
6 posts

I just went and bought baking soda, and I am pretty eager to find out what I think of washing my hair with it. :) I will be sure to let you guys know. :) fancyAmanda, you said you found good and bad in all three? What good and bad did you find from using baking soda? I do hope I love it, Soaring Eagle. I'm enjoying my dreads process already, and it hasn't even started. :) Just learning about what to do and how to do it is turning out to be a really good time. :)

I hope yours turn out amazing, James. I think I am going to go with the natural way and let them have some fun. ;)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form