Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My JAHourney

Walter Kibby
@walter-kibby
13 years ago
3 posts

So I've mostly been reading topics and stuff on here, but I figured since I've decided to go for natural dreads, and im taking help from this forum, i might as well post my progress and make this so i can ask specifics, and specifics needed of my hair type

I've used nothing on it, other than my shampoo, in the last month or so, no combing or anything. But why does it look like that, not-dreaded? Well, I guess i was doing a few things wrong- i was using normal organic shampoo, and now im gonna go for the baking soda and sea salt mix to wash it.

another thing i did wrong was, I would take a shower every morning, to give it a sensible presentable-ness, getting my hair wet, which I will no longer do unless they need to be washed.

Also I haven't put any wool sweater on my pillow yet, which I'm gonna try to do

And it hasn't been long, I can't expect dreads to appear in a day. I will be as patient as necessary, I want natural and healthy dreads that will last a lifetime or two

Also, I experimented once with my tam, i spent about thirty minutes rubbing my head to make it nappy, but i found that it almost erased whatever progress i had, and made a nappy fro, so I'm never doing that again!

My hair is what black people always call "good hair" but there's no such thing as "bad hair" so it's redundant to me. My hair is super curly but not nappy at all

I am aware of how awesome the ocean is, I live a little ways away from the beach, just one bus ride, a straight shot.

I went to a surf camp once, and for the whole week, I only showered my hair once. Every morning i didn't make my hair or anything, since jumping in the ocean in the morning did my hair for me. By the end of the week I had almost made dreads on accident (didn't want them at the time)

Now, I don't think i'd be able to jump in the ocean everymorning... how often do YOU jump in the ocean? (see how I spun that around and made this topic interesting?)

updated by @walter-kibby: 01/13/15 09:02:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salt or sea once or twice a weeks fine

if your hair tends to run dry be careful bout over drying it

use lilk aloe if it does get too dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Walter Kibby
@walter-kibby
13 years ago
3 posts

Yeah my hair stays really dry... So what kinda aloe are we talkin? gel? cream? oil? the drink? lol probably not the drink but yeah, i'll assume for now it doesn't matter... I'll get some to use next time i wash

When would I use it? After every wash?

Also, will I be alright if I don't twist and rip? It is a lifestyle choice for me, so I don't want to MAKE my dreads, I want them to just come naturally... All I plan on doing is separating if they start clumping

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the drink or straight from the plant gel or juice only aloe no other ingredients whatsoever refrigerated food grade aloe or fresh from a plant u can use jojoba shae anything african haor needs moistiu=ure while other rtypeds need drying in generakl

just to keep it gfrom becomming brittle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Walter Kibby
@walter-kibby
13 years ago
3 posts
ohhhh...... so then, I wouldn't be needing the sea salt then, since it makes it drier (i assume)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form