Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help me save my dreadheadhq backcomb method dreads

keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts
so ive been dreading my hair for 1 month and am in need of help, i thought that using products was the way to go at first but found out after lots of research and this sight that i dont want to use products and keep up with the maintenance that the products require. so i dreaded my hair one month ago on april 13th, i back combed them by myself after sectioning them with a friend of mine, my hair was about 4/12 in the back and close to 3 1/2 or 4 in the front i used lock peppa when i back combed them and put ruberbands at the base and tips of the dreads which i still have in now, ive been using the lock peppa every once in a while and got some locking accelerator last week that i used once, and in the first 2 weeks i used a little bit of wax and i regret using the products so much, and i use residue free shampoo wich iw ant to switch out because its from dreadhead hq, so please help me with my dreadies tell em what i should from this point alll your help is greatly appretiated ill post up some pics here in a few minutes
updated by @keaton-murphy: 02/14/15 10:43:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i added dreadheadhq to the title for a reason ok i didnt even have to fully load the pics to see what we got..typical dreadheadhq mess

take out the bands!

take out the wax and lock peppa

the accelerators 2 cents wortgh of salt for 10 bucks..scam

use the wax removers here scrub the hekll outta em if they fall apart be glad you will be way better off when the craps all out so they can actualy dread

keep these pics to show a before and after later

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts
thank you very much soaring!!! ill take out the bands right now and get some of the wax remover, im at my buddies house right now, but im about to leave and head to my house ill give you some more info when i get there i have a few questions if you dont mind. thank you
keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts
so im gona take the rubber bands out and scrub all that shit out, after that lets say they fall apart, what should i do from there grow my hair longer or what? or hope that they stay somewhat intact and go from there?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they will dread fine if u leave em alone

--
keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts
okay thank you
keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts
so i wont be able to afford the dread wax removal soap for a week or so, do you have any other tips in the mean time or just leave it be
keaton murphy
@keaton-murphy
13 years ago
12 posts

alright ill give that a try thank you

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dawn dish soap.. undiluted vinager.. very hot water

--