Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Root maintenance.

Chelsea LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn
@chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin
13 years ago
42 posts
What's the best method to use for my roots? I've tried to leave them but my hair is so fine that it never dreads. Ive been using elastics for the past few months and it's been working but it's alot of work. Ive heard of people using them throughout their entire dread journey but I would like to have them do it without any help. Any tips. Also I'd prefer to not use a crouch hook because of the damage it does.
updated by @chelsea-lookwhatthecatdraggedin: 01/13/15 09:02:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

leave em the elastics are hurting not helping you do realize the roots dont dread in a couple months they take a full year the roots wont be tight till mature stop using elastics and just leave em be

wool sweatter over your pillow will help more then anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
13 years ago
42 posts
I'm apprehensive because ive seen dreads with the top half matted and the bottom half dreaded an others with straight hair at the roots, even if I separate them it's alot to control. But they do tend to irritate my scalp. :/ I'm so anal about my dreads that I can't stand loose roots.

fancyAmanda said:
Don't do anything... you haven't been doing nothing by putting elastics on them. Elastics can be problematic, your hair might swallow them up or they could leave weak spots in your dreads as they grow out. The best maintenance is time, so allow it to happen.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
how old r they

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
13 years ago
42 posts
Little over 4 months :)