Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

white dots on dreads

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
13 years ago
20 posts

I have noticed a problem with some of my locks. On some of the lengths when I look closely I can see "little white dots" on the tips of what is probably split ends. I have tried picking them off but usually I pull out hair. Anyone have this problem or know what it is? If it is split ends what type of moisturizing can I do or should I just cut them off. I'm thinking if I cut them off I'll continue to have this problem in the future.

updated by @lisa-wade: 01/13/15 09:01:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did u backcomb? its more likely the roots that were pulled out have a skin tag on the folicule u can just ignore em nobody can see em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
im gonna give this a better title

--
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
Is there a possibility it is lint? If so wear a satin cap to bed or get a satin pillow cover. If not in the future you can dye it with henna.
Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
13 years ago
20 posts

I did backcomb. So if it is a skin tag on the follicle does anyone recommend cutting them off? I agree nobody can see them especially because I have blonde locs, but I do like to have my locs semi neat for work. Also, any ideas on conditioning?

It's definately not lint. I manage to keep that issue to a minimum. Where can I find a satin pillow cover?

Thanks for the help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can curt up or just pluck em off but if nobody sees em why bother lol for all practicle purposes they dont exist..

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

There is no point to cutting them off as you will continuously just get more. All the hair that you normally shed (over 100 a day!) will continue to shed and become intertwined into your dreads...just part of the process.
Lisa Wade said:

I did backcomb. So if it is a skin tag on the follicle does anyone recommend cutting them off? I agree nobody can see them especially because I have blonde locs, but I do like to have my locs semi neat for work. Also, any ideas on conditioning?

It's definately not lint. I manage to keep that issue to a minimum. Where can I find a satin pillow cover?

Thanks for the help.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
if you backcombed and its on the ends then it most likely split ends. just leave them. i would think it would be too time consuming to cut them and they'll probably get sucked into the dread over time so it won't benoticeable.
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts

im doing natural and one of mine its exactly like that and yes i believe they are split ends. Its no big deal to me, i like em honestly cause its my favorite dread. Maybe they help the knotting? i dunno i like em

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form