Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone!

Yvonne Rider
@yvonne-rider
15 years ago
3 posts
I just joined today, and it looks like there is a lot of great info on here! I have to say that I am sooo glad that I have been so lazy about using wax, I had no idea it wasn't good for dreads.I still need to look around the site more, but i haven't seen anything on dealing with new growth yet. Anyone have some advise about that? My hair is super thin and fine, and does not want to be knotty!Thanks, and i hope to learn a lot from you all!Peace and Light,Yvonne
updated by @yvonne-rider: 01/13/15 08:27:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
new growth should take care of itself however u will alkways have an inch or 2..even 3 thats inknotted at the roots this is totaly normal u need loose roots for em to move and knot otherwise they strick straight up and or hurtif u mean growtrh of the fuzzies between dreads..leave it by 4-6 inches it will join other dreads or become a baby dreadwelcomeumm but i wonder if anyone evbver applied thought to the wax thing..what in the world would ever make ya think..gee wax belongs in my hair (i mean if there wasnt those sites telling ya to)ontop of that they say...use residue dfree soap cause rwesidues hard to get outtaw dreads and slows the process..so what dso they sell ysa? waterproof residue that hardens and resistrs all efforts to get it outthinking about it ..it just makes no sence at all ..unlesss your goal is a waterproof rainhat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
waterproof rainhat?hmm...BRILLIANT!lol, Welcome to the site :)
Yvonne Rider
@yvonne-rider
15 years ago
3 posts
Yeah I'm talking about the fuzzies between the dreads. Although they aren't fuzzies anymore! They are 6-7 inches now! But I will be patient.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sea salt sprays and awool tam and theywill start to dread ioim sureif theyre really annoying ya a lil light twist n rip to get em to hold together Yvonne Rider said:
Yeah I'm talking about the fuzzies between the dreads. Although they aren't fuzzies anymore! They are 6-7 inches now! But I will be patient.

--
Yvonne Rider
@yvonne-rider
15 years ago
3 posts
I'll try that! Thanks SE!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i never do anything with mine unless im on a road trip and the winds blowin em in my eyes and annoying me .. i dont twist n rip i do a variation of root flipping/interlocking.. which is definately not recomended for tightening but i do it like just 3-4 times in 6 inches hair just so it holds together and can lockso what i do is tie a knot in the end, then split it randomlt below that flip the3 knot through out the other side, then split it again in a different spot ..after 3-4 flips it just looks funny but holds together and in 2 weeks becomes a dread

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form