dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pass the Salt, Please

runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts

Hello everyone,

I haven't done anything as far as maintenance since finding this site. I am in month #10...almost a year :)

Anyway I had a question about sea salt spray. I haven't used it yet, but I was curious as to when everyone uses it (ie. after showers, daily, etc.) and how often do you guys/gals spray?

Thanks all.

updated by @runawayjosh: 01/13/15 09:01:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

b4 not after 1-2 times a week

i actualy dont spray i add some to my baking soda soak

it does all its gonna do in 10 min no need to leave it on longer to fry your scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
All right good thing I checked....I was under the assumption that you spray and leave it on for a good while. I think I will try what you suggested and add it to my BS rinse. Thanks SE.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u can spray on and leave on if u do it 2 hours b4 u wash i wouldnt leave on longer ...some so and dont have idssues..others will tear theyre scalp up

its a corosive that eats holes in steal

so odviosly u dont want it on your scalp too long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i spray a mild solution on my hair(avoiding my scalp)on the days in between washing. i leave it in my hair until the next washing. i haven't had any problems with excess drying or scalp irritation. its helping to roughen up my hair a bit so its more prone to knotting.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
good idea with the oil! i'll have to try adding some lavender or peppermint oil next time i spray.

Sarah Hagan-Stuff said:
i do the same. i was twice a week and use the spray at least 1-2 times between washes. i also leave my in and try to avoid my scalp. i find it makes my scalp dry if it gets on it. i also add a few drops of my oils to make it smell good too :o)

Heather said:
i spray a mild solution on my hair(avoiding my scalp)on the days in between washing. i leave it in my hair until the next washing. i haven't had any problems with excess drying or scalp irritation. its helping to roughen up my hair a bit so its more prone to knotting.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
There are some days I spray it on and forgot I did and don't wash it out till the next wash, other times I've put it on a couple hours before washing, there have been times I sprayed it on a short time before bed and then get up the next morn and wash it out...my scalp hasn't seen any issues from it but then again every once in awhile I'll spray on some rosemary and jasmine in between washes to smell pretty :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form