Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Few questions about my dreads

Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
About how long will it take to become "full blown dreads"?It's been 8 days since I did the twist and rip method. I've been showering with a hair net, so that the baby dreads don't fall apart. When can I start using something "residue-free" to clean my hair? Would White Rain "plain" shampoo work? Or do I need to make something myself like everyone else here?And I know it's a stupid question but, how long until I can headbang?
updated by @antony: 01/13/15 08:27:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
u can bang your head but it will give ya a headacheu can wash em now with baking soda or dr bronners i dunno biyt white rain ..post the ingrediantsthey will take months to dread..but probly 3 weeks to a month they will be safe to not worry abouti wouldnt bither with the showercap..just wash gently

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
lol. you can headbang anytime nothing stops you from doing that...except maybe a neck brace. Before you know it they will hold up together just fine and then it just takes time and time and time. you know recently i've been thinking.... i hate the concept of time it makes people rushed and it makes people late which then just causes stress on someones part or another. when really it's just a man man concept to regulate the day and night.sorry.... went off on a tangent
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i havent had a watch since i was 15i never know what day it issometimes i dont know what year it isive missed my own birthday by weeksi oftenh need reminding how old i ami kinda live on rainbow timei know its past my bedtime when the sun comes upi'm always an hour early ..everyone i knows always an hour ..to 5 hours lateim never in a hurry, but everyone i know races like every minute will be theyre lastmonths and years seem so short to me, while others act like they cabnt wait an hour or a dayits funny when i see dreads who are worried theyre dreads arent dreads after a weekcause without a concept of time a week feels like nothing at all..a speck in timehow do i know when a weeks past? when my head itches and i feel like washing my hair..that is my watch.. and my dread length my calander Kellye said:
lol. you can headbang anytime nothing stops you from doing that...except maybe a neck brace. Before you know it they will hold up together just fine and then it just takes time and time and time. you know recently i've been thinking.... i hate the concept of time it makes people rushed and it makes people late which then just causes stress on someones part or another. when really it's just a man man concept to regulate the day and night.

sorry.... went off on a tangent

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Headbang all you want, it wont mess up anything that time wont do itself. If I'm remembering correctly then white rain shampoo isn't the beast for new dreads, I'd recommend bar soap or dishwashing detergent. Look for stuff with as little color and fragrance as possible. Forget the hair net....I've known quite a few methods of keeping your perfect idea of where dreads should be and I could shave my head 5 more times to test ideas....The most simple way without any any obsession with ideals is keep your hair *and* scalp clean. Play with your hair. Touch your hair, you can feel where it is seperating. Pull it apart, rub it a little if it feels right to you. I'd say give it a year before you you call it "full blown dreads".....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well saidand..head banging is movement..movement helps create knotsyour babbying your dreads..thats not helpingif u look at the rainbow group every 1 of those dreads started the same..mine includeddancing wildly round a fire to the drumsrunning barefoot through mudswimming in freezing cold mountain streamsliving in the wilderness with grass pine needles even twigs stuck in your hairwithout thinking about dreading, without trying to dread..dreads happendreading should be as easy and natural as living.. Puppy said:
Headbang all you want, it wont mess up anything that time wont do itself. If I'm remembering correctly then white rain shampoo isn't the beast for new dreads, I'd recommend bar soap or dishwashing detergent. Look for stuff with as little color and fragrance as possible. Forget the hair net....I've known quite a few methods of keeping your perfect idea of where dreads should be and I could shave my head 5 more times to test ideas....

The most simple way without any any obsession with ideals is keep your hair *and* scalp clean. Play with your hair. Touch your hair, you can feel where it is seperating. Pull it apart, rub it a little if it feels right to you. I'd say give it a year before you you call it "full blown dreads".....

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I'm REALLY bad with things like that. its gotten to the point where when I go somewhere official like the DMV or somewhere that I need to know my age, I will call my wife, and since she knows where I am she answers the phone by telling me how old I am. Then I just go oh yea thanks babe, and we hang up.I usually open my cafe at random times after I am "supposed" to open. I have developed discipline in some situations regarding time, or else I probably wouldn't have a business(busy-ness). For the most part my clients don't care. As for the ones that do, I wouldn't want to have them as clients anyway.lol I never wear shoes unless I am working so it is not always habit to put them on. I have been known to leave clients houses without my shoes lol. It's only happened like twice and each time the client caught me before I got to my car. They both thought it was funny and even though they were pretty fancy rich people they seemed to understand completely why it happened. soaringeagle said:
i havent had a watch since i was 15
i never know what day it is
sometimes i dont know what year it is
ive missed my own birthday by weeks
i oftenh need reminding how old i am
i kinda live on rainbow time
i know its past my bedtime when the sun comes up
i'm always an hour early ..everyone i knows always an hour ..to 5 hours late
im never in a hurry, but everyone i know races like every minute will be theyre last
months and years seem so short to me, while others act like they cabnt wait an hour or a day

its funny when i see dreads who are worried theyre dreads arent dreads after a week
cause without a concept of time a week feels like nothing at all..a speck in time
how do i know when a weeks past? when my head itches and i feel like washing my hair..
that is my watch.. and my dread length my calander

Kellye said:
lol. you can headbang anytime nothing stops you from doing that...except maybe a neck brace. Before you know it they will hold up together just fine and then it just takes time and time and time. you know recently i've been thinking.... i hate the concept of time it makes people rushed and it makes people late which then just causes stress on someones part or another. when really it's just a man man concept to regulate the day and night.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i had an ex that was a parole officershe accidently went to work in the courthouse naked a few timesshe just was more comfy naked so forgot to wear clothes alot ..shed mow her lawn nude accidently go to the store nude.. her kids had to always remind her to get dressed before going out to resteraintsluckily her coworkers were used to her and would just laugh and send her home to get dressedmost of her clients were sex offenders toobut she was a very strong woman so it never was an issue Didjeridurian said:
I'm REALLY bad with things like that. its gotten to the point where when I go somewhere official like the DMV or somewhere that I need to know my age, I will call my wife, and since she knows where I am she answers the phone by telling me how old I am. Then I just go oh yea thanks babe, and we hang up.
I usually open my cafe at random times after I am "supposed" to open. I have developed discipline in some situations regarding time, or else I probably wouldn't have a business(busy-ness). For the most part my clients don't care. As for the ones that do, I wouldn't want to have them as clients anyway.
lol I never wear shoes unless I am working so it is not always habit to put them on. I have been known to leave clients houses without my shoes lol. It's only happened like twice and each time the client caught me before I got to my car. They both thought it was funny and even though they were pretty fancy rich people they seemed to understand completely why it happened.

soaringeagle said:
i havent had a watch since i was 15
i never know what day it is
sometimes i dont know what year it is
ive missed my own birthday by weeks
i oftenh need reminding how old i am
i kinda live on rainbow time
i know its past my bedtime when the sun comes up
i'm always an hour early ..everyone i knows always an hour ..to 5 hours late
im never in a hurry, but everyone i know races like every minute will be theyre last
months and years seem so short to me, while others act like they cabnt wait an hour or a day

its funny when i see dreads who are worried theyre dreads arent dreads after a week
cause without a concept of time a week feels like nothing at all..a speck in time
how do i know when a weeks past? when my head itches and i feel like washing my hair..
that is my watch.. and my dread length my calander

Kellye said:

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form