dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads for over a year and half DO NOT naturally dread

Ryan Vdog Vermooten
@ryan-vdog-vermooten
13 years ago
1 posts

Hey guys,

I have had dreads for over a year and a half, and my dreads are very important to me. I love them and would never go back to not having them.

Ok so here is my question/point.

I created my dreads through the twist and pull method, and the dreads in the front of my head, the hair I can see, I kept on working on, and for the most part am very happy with.

The back of my head, the part I cant see, I decided to leave after my friends did the twist and pull method, and itdefiantlydoesn'tnaturallydread. My type of hair is perfectly straight and infact unknots itself. To say that all hair dreads itself over time I don't think is a fair or true statement.

So, what is the plan then? because simply I would like to have sick dreads, and they are getting nice and long, but to say that I should just leave my hair is not an option, I have done that for a year and a half, its not happening.

updated by @ryan-vdog-vermooten: 01/13/15 09:00:36PM
V0rN
@v0rn
13 years ago
16 posts

hey ryan , Get your friends to twist n rip or backcomb the back sections again and chuck a couple of rubberbands on them (not 2 tight thou). Leave them on for a couple of days do a wash and take em off and see how they are then. Sleep on someething woolen at night and when u can spray some salt spray on them and get in the sun :). Or you could try puting sum beads on them aswell as an alternative to rubberbands.

Hope this helps

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
define not happening lets see pictures im sure its dreading fine has it all returned to straight hair?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and yea how are u washing and drying with what how often is irt oily

im betting u its way more dreaded then u think

u said u kept working on the front thats usualy a huge muistake and i would not ever recomend rebackcombing or re twist n ripping ..the only good idea here was the beads wool and sea salt

no rubber bands no redoing anything ..just beads and sea salt and wiool

but my guess is you think they arent dreading cause of a lil looseness at the roots and tips thats perfectly normal

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do the sea salt strong ebnough and it will dread right up calcuklate 3.5% of he water volume use that much salt

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form