Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea Salt Accelerator = AMAZING Results

Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Ok, for the past week after getting NON-iodized sea salt I've been using it 2-3 times a day as a mist and a rinse. Getting AMAZING results in a week! Some of my dreadies had some major gaps in them at the roots like they wanted to become 2 dreads. Those gaps have been slowly closing and since I've been using the sea salt solution every day, the gaps are slowly coming together. I can see the change every day! I'll do a mist on them in the morning after getting out of bed, let it dry for about an hour - 1.5hrs then when I jump in the tub I rinse is out and then I'll add about 1/3 of a cup of salt to my gallon and a half pitcher and pour it over my head. Once I clean myself up I'll rinse it out good and then I'll use a little mist on them. I also spray them a few hrs before going to bed and once they're dry I turn in. I'll hit them once or twice during the day as well. I haven't noticed any damage from the salt and hope I don't since salt is so corosive but so far it's helping really, really well! Just wanted to share this progress! Can't wait to see how they are in a few months!....... :-)
updated by @doogie: 01/13/15 08:59:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats probly serius overkill once or twice a week is plenty your gonna serusly dry it out

try just using it in your wash or just an hour ior 2 b4 u wash not every day

it'll still help just as much without burnin the hell outta your scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Ok, thanks SE! I'll cut it back and see what happens. The last thing I want to do is to kill my dreads!
Jessica83
@jessica83
13 years ago
7 posts
The sea salt sprays is helping my hair so much to lock up but i'm only using it before i was my hair every 2-4 days. I put about 2 table spoons of the sea salt and then fill the spray bottle up with warm water then spritz it all over and leave it on about 2 hours and then rinse it out really well and then just wash my hair with either the BS & ACV wash or with DR.Bronners lavender.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea it helps but like all things ..moderation u do not need to use it constantly a lil does the trick.. hell swimming in the ocean once a year helps but if your livin in it full time yoir gonna want to be conditioning constantly to combat the dryness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica83
@jessica83
13 years ago
7 posts
Definately, I think I have been doing it for about a month and just went a week without to give my hair a little break from it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form