Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Residue in 1 3/4 month old dreads :(

Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
So I took a shower today an while I was seperating a congo i saw this white residue flaky stuff at the roots, I've tryd the bs/acv and tea tree tingle shampoo both of which still don't remove this, then I tried to use the high powered nozzel on my scalp and it still didn't remove it, I really want dreadlocks and there comin along great but I'm honestly considering turning back if they're guna be a constant issue and if I always have a gross looking scalp I always thought dreads would be easy... guess not anybody hve any other ideas?
updated by @zack4: 01/13/15 08:59:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u using rosemary at all?

could it be cradlecap (look it up)

if its craddlecap the cures a heavier oil on the scalp like minerl hemp or olive oil applied directly to it till its gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how strongs thr bs how long u soak how often too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
I don't think its cradle cap cuz it never did it before an It doesn't really look like that but I used to use the rosemary oil in the bs acv wash but I stopped using it cuz at my scalp where the flakes were it felt greasy and nasty so I used the tea tree tingle and it seemed to get most of it out (I used it strait on my hands then to my head till there were suds) an I used about a spoonful of bs per cup of water
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i find that with the water here in orange county you really need to use more bs for it to really work. get a container with a lid and add 1/3 cup bs to 32 - 64 oz. of hot water. put the lid on and shake until its dissolved. i usually add a squirt of shampoo to the mix too for a really good cleaning plus it helps with the bs residue. was the stuff in your dreads flaky like dandruff or powdery like bs? did you have a dandruff problem before dreading? if so than you might consider getting a dandruff shampoo. i've heard neutrogena t-sal is a good one.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
also, i think flaking on our scalps is going to happen no matter what because we aren't brushing our hair and lifting the dead skin from our scalps. so a little flaking shouldn't be a reason to give up just yet.
Zack4
@zack4
13 years ago
38 posts
I never had it before but I washed with the pure ttt and it seemed to get about 90% out so I ghink it mite just take a few times to fully wash out
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form