Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting Dreads need help

Mitchell tipton
@mitchell-tipton
13 years ago
3 posts
hey my name is mitch and am i really want to get dreads.I have about about 6 inches in the front and 5 in the back, straight medium hair.ive been doing research and debating which method to go with, but have been leaning towards backcombing or twist and rip. im partial to TnR because it seems more natural for my hair but like the look from backcombing. time isnt a huge concern but am definitely eager to have them.could someone please help me out with this?
updated by @mitchell-tipton: 01/13/15 08:59:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
id go natural or twist and rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
feelin irie
@feelin-irie
13 years ago
10 posts
Time is no concern when talkin about growin dreads if time is any concern at all then dreads are probably not for you but if you wanna "get dreads" then I seen the perferct tam for you it had locks attached to it hahaha not tryin to bash you but gettin a little irritated with people that want instant dreads or think its a haircut and you can say take two inches off and leave with the two inches missin think about what havin dreads really means to you before you start to GROW your own. Its not just a hairstyle but a lifestyle as well. Feelin irie
pablo poshoro
@pablo-poshoro
13 years ago
1 posts

Backcombing mixed to crochet needle bro. Best dreads ever like that way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
could not disagree more crochets really horible for dreads

pablo poshoro said:

Backcombing mixed to crochet needle bro. Best dreads ever like that way.

--
Mitchell tipton
@mitchell-tipton
13 years ago
3 posts
thank you for all the help, i have decided to go natural because of the process. Ive wanted to do this for about 6 years nows and I respect the process and journey of doing it naturally. Like it was said before you dont just get dreads, and i just feel if i were to go any other method besides natural then it would be for the wrong reasons and not who i am or what im looking for. The blessing is in the journey or struggle whichever way you want to look at it, and i know ill be a lot happier with my end results going natural!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely

i wouldnt ever go any other way

enjoy the journey and look forward to sharing it with ya

--
Mitchell tipton
@mitchell-tipton
13 years ago
3 posts
thank you and this site has really helped me with my decision
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts
It sounds like i have about the same kind/ length of hair as you and i used the twist and rip method! I only started last Friday but the look really good already!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form