Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help me pleeease?

Elora Marie
@elora-marie
13 years ago
1 posts
okay so i really want to do dreads, like for my whole head. and i just need to know should i do twist and rip or backcombing? whcih turns out better and stuff, like whats the "vs." of the two. thanks guys! c:
updated by @elora-marie: 01/13/15 08:58:49PM
john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
Id go with twist and rip other then backcombing for multiple reasons1. Less painful2. Way healthier for your hair3. I personally think twist and rip looks a bunch coolerThere are many many reasons more but its all up to what you want. Check out the dreaducation and it give adv. And dis. About all the diffrent methods. I chose natural bc its more rewarding, healthiest, and teaches you alot of stuff.If you have any questions feel free to ask :D happy dreading and welcome!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree i chose natural to odvioslybut between the 2backcombcauses the cuticles to be permenantly pried open so they cant reacte to changing c0nditions (temp moisture ph etc)this causes at least the ends to all get split but opens it up to further harmprobably especialy chemical harmbackcomb also makes u look like sideshow bob awhiletnr hangs better looking bette r from the startits more dependable if done well backcombs more likely to fall aopartnaturals best ofcourse but outta methodsthe gentlest is natural then finger teasing gently )not gonna be tight or hold together well but will start em kinda enough to get the natural process going)tnr works well and gentlethen backcombanything below backcomb on the gentlessness vs damage scale i wouldnt recomend at allif your goals a more manufactured look id go with backcomb, not to say that all backcombed dreads lok overly manufactured just that that looks more easily obtained that way without resorting to the extreme damage of crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form