Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Surfing with 2 week old dreads

Don Sanchez
@don-sanchez
13 years ago
7 posts
My dreads are 2 weeks old and where done with the backcombing method. When I got out of the water from surfing I dryed my dreads and the tips were looking loose and I can take two ends and spread my whole dread apart basicly and my dreads fellt really fluffy. what I have noticed is that every single losse hair in my dreads are frzzing out. I have a few questions " is what my dreads are going through the natural process of the beginning statges and was it to early to surf with 2 week old dreads?" "Can I just leave my hair alone and will all those losse hairs at the tips and coming out of dreads become tighter later on?"Thank you all who answer
updated by @don-sanchez: 01/13/15 08:57:28PM
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
That's good! Salt water helps them lock upimmensely, and they're supposed to come undone. Don't touch them and they'll be fine!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wether u surfed or not thats normal for 2 week old dreads

the surfing im sure made em tighter more dready then they would be

theyre only gonnwa get worse the next several weeks and backcombing tends to fall a;art completely

if u never backcombed and only surfed (but didnt condition or comb) youd dread like crazy

so even if they fall apart just keep surfing or swimming in the ocean and u will get great dreads

the ocean will do more for the dreads then backcombing ever could

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Don Sanchez
@don-sanchez
13 years ago
7 posts
Thanks for the answers great advice! :) Yeah my dreads are still all in tact and are tighter some what from the ocean plus i put gel with aloe vera in my dreads to calm down the frizz and to tighten them even though hairs are still everywhere. So ill just leave them alone and surf more and more:)
Don Sanchez
@don-sanchez
13 years ago
7 posts
I just thought i would put a pic of my dreads!
Vince Ferrer
@vince-ferrer
13 years ago
7 posts
i did the same thing with my dreads when if first got them. the tips all came undone and i had to tnr them together again. i put rubber bands on the tips so it wouldnt happen again and after surfing with the rubber bands in, they felt really gritty and coarse and began tightening faster.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form