Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, I'm Shelly from Detroit :)

ShellyBell
@shellybell
13 years ago
4 posts

Hello wonderful helpful brothers and sisters!

I kind of wanted to write a little introduction/history about myself, so bare with me, as it may be quite long lol.

This is my third official time trying to lock my hair up. (Or should I say the first two time were "trying", this time I'm LETTING my hair lock up!) The first two times I bought into the whole DHHQ and KB propaganda that my hair could be beautiful dreads if only I purchased hundreds (yes, hundreds) of dollars of their products, gunked up my hair and smushed them into waxy "dreads". And I wondered, perplexed, why my slippery, dirty hair would not lock up after a couple months.

Then I gave up, and pursued my career path, got a job, got a promotion and resigned myself to flat drone hair for the rest of my days. Soon after, however, I got the itch again. Something just stirs within me and it cannot be ignored. So off to the internet I went, and thankfully this site was one of my first results! Armed with new knowledge, support and confidence, I quickly made the decision to let my hair lock again, this time I'm not going to screw it up with a bunch of products that are expensive and unnecessary!

I would have loved to just stop brushing and conditioning, and watch my hair do it's thing, but I am a manager at a big chain coffee store, and I knew this would be unacceptable. So, I did the twist and rip method. Although, I think I may have misinterpreted how exactly to twist and rip as many parts of my dreadlings are clearly "braid and rip" lol. But I'm very okay with this, I'm sure it will give them individuality and character for now, and later on no one will probably be able to notice lol.

So I am at a crossroads in my life. I have just graduated college, I can't find a job in my field, I'm stuck at the coffee house for now, and not I'm even reconsidering who and what I want to be "when I grow up". I may just chuck it all and try to go back to being a musician! These dreadlocks are the beginning of my journey to be HONEST with myself and TRUE to myself, on every plane of existence.

So to the memebers of this website I say hello! And Thank You from my loose roots to my strangly tips, thank you for being here, being supportive and being so informative!

Peace and Love,

Shelly from the D

updated by @shellybell: 01/13/15 08:57:10PM
ShellyBell
@shellybell
13 years ago
4 posts
Awesome we can relate!! :) I hope to be posting pictures later tonight or tomorrow morning! Thank for the comment. <3
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

hello shelly from detroit!

I am also from Detroit :) ever been to the Leland City Club or Innate healing center?

Maybe one day I will see you and your baby dreads IRL.

ShellyBell
@shellybell
13 years ago
4 posts
Hi Lex! Good to see another local on this forum! I haven't heard of that place, it sounds amazing, maybe we will! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and never grow up and ya never need to know what to do you just do whatever ya want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form