Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Dreads

Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts

Just got my dreads a week ago I used the backcombing method and no wax just lock gel. My dreads are about a week old and there are little hairs coming from my dreads like no tomorrow and loose hairs everywhere on my head. Is this natural for my dreads to go through this process? My head does have all dreads together still just loose hairs coming from every direction and when you look at it closely in the mirror all dreads look like a nappy mess with stringy hairs. So again my question is "is this the natural process of dreading and arethe millions of hairs loose from dreads going to find a home!?"

Thanks all who answer :)

updated by @elikai-buhay: 01/13/15 08:57:03PM
Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts

Thanks So i dont have to do anything to them just seperate the roots if the are going into other dreads and than enjoy the process?

Later down the road like in a year willmy dreads start looking unified and not as messy?

I also was toldtwisting my dreads clock wisewith lock and braid gel every 3 days helps

Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts
good info and advice Iappreciate it thanks :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
totaly normal and they will get worse b4 getting better infact backcomb ishnt a great method and tends to fall apart more often then not but it will still dread up just fine just leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u black or white if black u will need some moisture like the gel if not definately no gel theres better alternatives for moisture tho

and no twisting ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts

Im white and samoan with my hair is wavy and looks like a kinky fro if i dnt brush it out. but what are other alternatives other than gel?

Also is itokay to scratch your head on week old dreadswhen itchy!? I think when i scratch im taking hairs out of my dreads

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form