Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Another fricken dandruff thread

Danny
@danny
13 years ago
9 posts

Hey all. I've trawled these forums and found the same responses over and over again,

baking soda (about 1/4 cup to 1/2 gallon of water)

rosemary oil (10-15 drops) tea tree oil (5 drops)peppermint oil (2-3 drops)

acv rinse (same oils)

cold cold water

My dreads just turned a year old.I have had pretty bad dandruff for MOST of this time

I've tried so so so many different combinations of the above:

differnt amount of the oils,

ommiting some,

ommiting all,

different amounts of b/s

different amounts of acv...

all to no avail. Sometimes i'll get lucky and for a week it'll be fine, so i'll be sure to do it exactly the same the following week to just be caked in it.

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!!!

i just don't know what to do.. i've accepted the idea that packaged anti-dandruff shampoos will be detrimental to dreading, and also leave nasty residues in my dreads so paranoid of doing that, but this simply cannot continue so what the hell are my options?

i have a lot of patience, but this is just not a sustainable situation. it gets ultra itchy and flaky.i want to prove to the world dreads are acceptable but it's hard when you're frikin snowing on everyone. oh damn that sounds nasty.

*sigh*

updated by @danny: 01/13/15 08:56:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
try doing it twice as often instead of once a week..twice or 3 times a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i think washing more often will definitely help. i've also heard others recommend neutrogena t-gel. i'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have this problem. sorry:(
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i just saw on your profile that you use knotty boy shampoo sometimes. i would stay away from that since a lot of people complain that it makes their dandruff worse.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea washing more makes a huuuuge difference no matter what u use u will get dandruff if u dontr wash oftenenough twice a week and i dont have any return but if i sklip 1 and go a week its getting bad by day 5 or 6

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
if i remember right i've heard some use head and shoulders....also have you tried maybe a spritz of rosemary and tea tree between washes?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form