dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scalp drama and new dreads

TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts

Hi everyone,

so its been about a month into the dreading process (neglect, natural, watever u wana call it).

and i notice that my scalp is super itchy and flaky. ive always had some flaking and minor itch but it really wasn't a problem before. As im typing this i realize that i have added salt to my last 3 washes and maybe thats the reason for the extra itchy and flakeyness. I currently wash with about 1tbsp of bs, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 gal water, 10 drops of tea tree and rosemary. I have been trying to spray a mixture of teatree and rosemary instead of scratching and it helps bit the itch comes right back. Ill try next wash to leave out the salt and see if it helps. Any tips would really help alot...ive stopped to scratch like 5 times while typing this...its driving me craaaazzzy!

also, if i wash every 2 days i feel like i should be fine, but because my dreads are so new (they are coming along great by the way...alot faster than i was anticipating which is awesome!) im worried about washing too often because i dont want to undo/prevent any tangles. Is every 2 days too much washing? right now im uncomfortable by day 3 and miserable by day 4, which is when i wash (sometimes i wash day 3).

thanks fam!!

updated by @tarzanswifey: 01/13/15 08:55:39PM
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
for got to mention. I rinse with cool water and acv, about 1/2 capful in 1/2 gal of water. cold water rinse after. i use so little because i dont want the conditioning effects (it makes my hair feel like silk)but maybe it would help to use more. or maybe i should use more but just on the scalp as best i can???
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u doing the acv after?

id use alot more bs 3-4 tablespoons

and do the acgv after

bs alters the ph too much u need the acv to restore it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha sghoulda read that lol

id use a capful but increase the bs too

try every 3 days awhile see if that helps too

TarzansWifey said:

for got to mention. I rinse with cool water and acv, about 1/2 capful in 1/2 gal of water. cold water rinse after. i use so little because i dont want the conditioning effects (it makes my hair feel like silk)but maybe it would help to use more. or maybe i should use more but just on the scalp as best i can???

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
Ok i will do that. thanks SE =)
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I poured a half cup of vinegar in a 12 oz cup of water on my head and no ill effects to report. It has been my experience that washing more often can help the process not hinder it, depending on what you wash with.
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
cool thanks thundersquall
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts
wow thats amazing...i will try this if what im doing now dosent work. do you do this just once?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form