dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

headlice

Kiwi Chick
@kiwi-chick
13 years ago
28 posts

i have found that i have headlice in my dreads :(

i have kids so , they also have lice in there hair, and this is where i have caught them from obviously. This is what i have feared, this was the only reason why i didn't wanna dread my hair. anyway, can anyone help, i went to the chemist - and i was unsure about the products, i dont want to condition my dreads, ive been dreading for 10months now, and its been awesome, except for the flippen crawlies in my hair, can anyone suggest anything, please help

updated by @kiwi-chick: 01/13/15 08:55:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you-

70% rubbing alcohol pour it on bunned up dreads wrap dreads in saran wrap let soap 15-30 min 30 is best unwrap wash then soak in unfdiluted acv 10-15 min rinse or wash do that every 3 days use teatree between treatments

wash or treat everything in the house

kidsw replace alcohol wwith mayonese or micx mayo and vionager

alcohol tip dont smoke (duh) use a paper towekl tube as a snotkle to get clean air from a foot otr so awqay the fumes kill ethe bugs

the fumes can overwhelm you too

the alcohol will burn scratches and bites bad u will scream and curse but bare with it the alcohol sterilizes wounds

teatree ptrevents reinfestation always add to your washes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
oh when i say repeat every 3 days do it at least 3 times in 9 days u might need to do more if u reinfest but brealking the 5 day birth/maturity cycle takes doing it every 3 days for 9 day min

--
Kiwi Chick
@kiwi-chick
13 years ago
28 posts

kewl thanks, will try the rubbing alc, and acv rinse.

Dorothy i wouldn't consider combing out and then dreading again lol no way... hehehe

Hopefully all goes well with treatment,,ive heard of alcohol but ws just a lil yeah skeptical, and scared ... but as ive said, will have a go....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well the vigar disolvces the glue that holds the eggs to the hairs they only lay eggs within 1/4 inch of the scalp so any further out shows ling term infection

the alcohol only kills living breathing ones that breathe the fumes.

lice hatch in 5 days

they also mature mate and lay eggs in 5 days

so every 3 days breaks that cycle killing em b4 they can lay eggs

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form