Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

perhaps some dandruff just doesnt go away???

nini
@nini
13 years ago
19 posts

so basically i've posted for help here on my dandruff issue, and well basically, i still have dandruff.

i dont know whats wrong with my scalp. my mom is really discouraging me and telling me there is no natural way of getting rid of my dandruff. the only way is nizoral and head and shoulders.

my dad has a dandruff problem too. instead of him trying to find a real solution though, he just uses head and shoulders every day.

before i got my dreads i had dandruff too. i dont want to think that I am just destined for a life of embarassing white flakes =/ it's so lame and makes styling my hair difficult. also it does get itchy. especially like around my hairline, which looks like dry skin but im not sure if its really dry, cos i think its still oily, but I JUST WANT A BEAUTIFUL SCALP

i tried tea tee oil, rosemary and mint soaps and that hasnt worked. so the thing is i've had to order these soaps online because idk where else to get em lol. and now my mom is getting annoyed lmao. someone here suggested to me coconut oil but i havent gotten it yet n my mom doesnt really want me to get it, she is just telling me that nothing natural is going to help me /:

right now i use mint and rosemary soap and acd, please dont suggest baking soda i am not even going to go anywhere near that stuff till my dandruff goes away, then maybe ill consider it cos i dont watn to kinx it !!!!!!!

please dont tell me what my mom said to me!!!!! unless its true x thanks :p

updated by @nini: 01/13/15 08:55:17PM
nini
@nini
13 years ago
19 posts

lmao. woops.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why wont u try baking sosa i had the worse dandruff there is and baking soda teatre4 rosemary and pepermint curesd it

im telling u that is the only thing that has ever worked

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cage Free
@cage-free
13 years ago
41 posts

I recently read in one of Alice Walker's books that a beautiful woman (dreadlocked I think) discovered that the only thing that got rid of her and her husband's dandruff was olive oil. I love coconut oil, but it has never worked for true moisturizing the way that olive oil has worked for me.

If you want to try some sort of product all natural/organic food stores will have at least one tar based dandruff shampoo.

I would try the oil route first though and definitely chuck whatever shampoo you've been using.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
thats weird cause mines been pretty much gone for 3 years now (since startung the bs/acv) unless i skip a wash then around a eeek it gets bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form