Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey! New to this site, and ready to start my journey!

Danie Hart
@danie-hart
13 years ago
1 posts

Hello! My name is Dani, and I don't have dreads yet :( sad story. But, I felt I should introduce myself, and track my journey, how ever long it will take.

But I have yarn braids. And, I am currently in the process of growing my hair out. I believe I have about 4-5 inches of new growth/ natural hair (after chopping off all of my damaged hair).

I was wondering, is it easier or harder to dread hair that is longer? Because, I want to have a good length before I start to dread.

updated by @danie-hart: 01/13/15 08:55:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

easier to dread longer hair just take out those yarn braids! you shoullsdnt have to chop em off just take em out

i dunno why ppl would get those ..but when u take em out just let your hair dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ourdub
@ourdub
13 years ago
47 posts

welcome dani. wonderful for you to start your journey here with us :) will save you lots of time and headaches :)

i started mine when some of it was about 3-4 inches. it has been much much easier once it had grown out. mine was sectioned out and finding that my hair doesnt quite lay the same when its 5 inches as opposed to 12 inches.. so that has created some akward pulling. i guess something to keep in mind if you decide not to let them lock naturally. i would think with longer hair you would just have more hair to latch to other hairs.. and it would move and lock faster.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form