Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

State Of Mizzouri (Tuck's Dreads)

Jeremy Tucker
@jeremy-tucker
13 years ago
20 posts
Whats up everyone. My name is Tuck & im new to the dread community But i do want to thank you for the amazing advice on these forums! Thanks to all of you I didnt use any of the DDHQ or alternative products as others i know in the past have(& they always wondered why their dreads got F'ed up).I have went a much more natural route & besides back combing am staying pretty natural with my dread adventure. I used 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel the first 2 days & am using Sea Salt & Purified water spray once or twice a day for tightening. Other than that just rolling & twisting & letting "nature" take its course.I do have a few questions though. My hair is very wavey & honestly knots pretty easily so i think my dreads will come in very nice BUT my hair gets oily very easily. I am trying not to wash for the first week to two weeks to get them started good but my hair is getting a little oily & im 3 days in...What can i do about this? Some one throw me some advice please, i would greatly appreciate it.Also what is the recipe for dread juice & is it really good for new dreads? Any way thanks & check out my photos of my dreads 3 days in & let me know what you think & if the are coming in nicely! :) Oh i also removed the rubberbands from the base this morning...Is that good?Check me out (Rock/Hiphop) at www.reverbnation.com/stateofmizzouri or www.myspace.com/stateofmizzouri for songs, live videos & give aways (New songs from my new album "This State Of Misery" up very soon!)
updated by @jeremy-tucker: 01/13/15 08:54:52PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

It is good that you removed rubberbands, yes. Secondly, i am of the opinion that you should actually wash your hair more often, perhaps three times a week at least. The reason i say that is because one of the things that prevents proper dreading is oil in the hair.

When you wash your hair, with a good organic shampoo mind you, you dispell that oil. Which dries out the hair which for some reason it likes when it is trying to dread.Just be gentle with them when you wash, cause from your picture they look like they could unravel at the drop of a hat. It has been my experience plus many others that washing more often in a week seems to help tighten newly forming locs.

Jeremy Tucker
@jeremy-tucker
13 years ago
20 posts

I had just heard that the first week or 2 that you shouldnt until they tighten I did plan on (once the tightened) washing them every 2or3 days But do you think i should wash them tomorrow? & how do i wash them? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

& it is good that i took the bands out? It seemed like they were constricting the base but ive also heard that the bottom can start dreading together which i dont want to happen Let me know Thanks

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
very good on taking the bands out! They can do all kindsa bad stuff. I'd say go ahead and wash, i wash my hair 2-3 times a week sometimes more sometimes less whenever I feel the need! There are all kindsa good oils out there to help with scalp issues such as dryness/itchiness and oiliness! Try doing a BS wash w/ an ACV rinse and all you do is pour on head let it do its thing for a few mins rinse really well then do the ACV rinse let it sit for a couple mins, rinse and done you can scratch your scalp to make sure its clean but for the most part just leave your dreads alone :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 chill on the salt sparay only 1 time a week ruight b4 u wash (2 hours b4 ) u newver want to leave it in for days!

2 i hope u got all bands out roots anhd tips

3 wasgh the baking sodsa wash is a no touch methosd s9o very gentle

4 stop twisting and palm rilling thats no good to do..just leave em alone

5 everything u read on other sitres is most likely wrong

not washing is jusat a bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts
JUST WANT you to know that some of your dreads will fall out the first time you wash them i dont know why but it happened to me my dreads are 3 days shy of a month old so good luck to you buddy an have fun with the journey it a very intense one if you focus on your dreads every day or care what people think i have fun with mine people look an stare all the time so i mess with them by shakin them all around and just stupid things to make them stop starin
Jeremy Tucker
@jeremy-tucker
13 years ago
20 posts
Thanks for the advice everyone! I did the Baking Soda wash & i feel so much better & my hair is not oily at all anymore A couple of the "dreads" loosened some but for the most part they stayed in place. & everything ive done are only things ive found on this site I learned quickly that tons of people who have products to sell or alterier motives will tell you anything, But the pople here are real & care about your dreads & you doing the best/right thing.& people stare at me anyway...Im 6'5, 225, & dress, act, etc. unlike most so stares dont bother me I learned yrs ago if people stare its just because im doing my own thing (in fact they probaby wish they could do their own thing to & are jealous lol)Once again thanks allTuck1LUV
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form